Wing Commander PC Gamer disc install issue

S

Space Ghost

Hello! I am just getting into Wing Commander and downloaded the PCGAMER Windows version on this site. I am wondering how to install it. When I click KSAGA.EXE it says it needs a Kilrathi Saga disc in the drive. It says the drive letter is D even though that's not the letter of my drive. The KSINIT.EXE says it can't find a driver which I assume is installed when you install the game. I started WC1 directly from the EXE and it seems to work but because I never officially installed it I can't install the secret missions. Anyone know what to do? Am I supposed to burn this to a disc and run it from there? Thanks!

Hello! I am just getting into Wing Commander and downloaded the PCGAMER Windows version on this site. I am wondering how to install it. When I click KSAGA.EXE it says it needs a Kilrathi Saga disc in the drive. It says the drive letter is D even though that's not the letter of my drive. The KSINIT.EXE says it can't find a driver which I assume is installed when you install the game. I started WC1 directly from the EXE and it seems to work but because I never officially installed it I can't install the secret missions. Anyone know what to do? Am I supposed to burn this to a disc and run it from there? Thanks!
Here's a solution that was posted the last time this question came up after we first posted the PCgamer version for download:
extract the pcgamer wc1
copy all the files from the wckssm12.zip (the kilrathi saga secret missions 1 and 2 zip file) to the wc1\gamedat folder overwriting where necessary (briefing.002, camp.002, commsm2.dat, install.dat, intro1.dat, midgame.v06, midgame.v07,midgame.v02, module.002,pcship.v05, planets1.vga, series.vga, ship.v19, shiptype.v14, talking1.vga, title1.vga, wingmen1.vga) EXCEPT:
sm1.exe, sm2.exe, transfer.exe wc1.exe wing1.exe, sm12inst.exe

now copy sm1.exe, sm2.exe transfer.exe into the wc1 folder

that should make the games work ok!

Here's a solution that was posted the last time this question came up after we first posted the PCgamer version for download:

Thanks! So do I just continue to run Wing Commander from the wc1.exe?

Back