Wing Commander P. Cross

frostytheplebe

Seventh Part of the Seal
A very close friend gave me a pilgrim's cross some years ago... up till now it was one of my prized posessions. Not too long ago, i got into a car accident (Old woman in her late 80s ran a stop sign and SOMEHOW did not see my red SUV). In the accident, the chain broke, and the cross went under the seat. A few days later, the car caught fire in the hold yard and everything inside was destroyed (including the cross). Does anyone know anywhere (on or off line) where another one could be aquired? I know it wouldnt be the same as the one she gave me... but just having one similar would be nice.

(sorry if im asking in the wrong area.)

A very close friend gave me a pilgrim's cross some years ago... up till now it was one of my prized posessions. Not too long ago, i got into a car accident (Old woman in her late 80s ran a stop sign and SOMEHOW did not see my red SUV). In the accident, the chain broke, and the cross went under the seat. A few days later, the car caught fire in the hold yard and everything inside was destroyed (including the cross). Does anyone know anywhere (on or off line) where another one could be aquired? I know it wouldnt be the same as the one she gave me... but just having one similar would be nice.

(sorry if im asking in the wrong area.)

Here is fine. Aside from checking ebay there aren't a lot of options anymore. Specialty knife collector stores *might* know how to get one but you might have more success periodically checking online auction sites though I'm not sure the go up for sale very often.

Yeah, I was looking a couple years back and it was somewhat difficult to find them. One online store that listed them for sale billed me and then didn't actually have any in stock. Had to eventually file a claim and go through some junk to get a refund.

Hefty price tag ($99.95)!

It had a hefty price tag to begin with. The pilgrim cross was designed as a collectors piece. It's sturdily made as opposed to a cheap plastic knock off. The people who bought them the first time around were collectors. It's not the kind of thing most of them would give up or toss aside. As such the availability of something that was designed as a colectors item in the first place also determines how much they go for. I'm not at all surprised by the 100 dollar price tag, though like chris said I would check if they actually have any available before placing an order.

Also note that back in 99 they cost somewhere around 35 dollars US a piece and there was a fairly low number actually produced. The manufacturer actually quoted 43 dollars as the cost before it was actually available.

It had a hefty price tag to begin with. The pilgrim cross was designed as a collectors piece. It's sturdily made as opposed to a cheap plastic knock off. The people who bought them the first time around were collectors. It's not the kind of thing most of them would give up or toss aside. As such the availability of something that was designed as a colectors item in the first place also determines how much they go for. I'm not at all surprised by the 100 dollar price tag, though like chris said I would check if they actually have any available before placing an order.

Also note that back in 99 they cost somewhere around 35 dollars US a piece and there was a fairly low number actually produced. The manufacturer actually quoted 43 dollars as the cost before it was actually available.

it royally blew losing mine... not only because of my overall obsession with Wing Commander... but the person who gave it to me was a very close friend who meant a lot. I had it under my shirt and never took that thing off... heavy as hell, and the chain was kinda cheap (prolly why it broke) but i loved it.

Money is no object. I found this link the day this thread opened and ordered mine. Its due on my doorstep next week.

Hey LeHah, I was wondering if you had recieved yours yet? I just ordered mine today, as Colonel Ralga Nar Hhallas (sp?) once said, "My gratitude to you... is endless."

Since Im on the opposite side of the country, mine is still in the mail. The UPS Tracking system tells me it will be on my doorstep this Thursday.

Since Im on the opposite side of the country, mine is still in the mail. The UPS Tracking system tells me it will be on my doorstep this Thursday.

Oh jeez... yeah so am I, literally on the other side... this could take a while... sadly the only shipping option was UPS ground... still I'm surprised, they are usually very fast.

Back