Wing Commander- No sound

J

Jeff H

I was reciently able to get the Origional Wing Commander to run fine in DOSBox 0.65 plus using D-Fend v2. However, I cannot get any audio. I have gone through all the settings as best I can. Any suggestions? I am running a Dell XPS laptop. With Sigma Tel C-Major Audio.

So what settings are you running? DOSBox simulates a Soundblaster running on IRQ7.

I try to get into the game settings and after I get through the sound configeration I get window asking to copy files and then it freeses. Do I need to try and install the game from the floppies? So far all I did was copy all the files from the floppy disks to my hard drive and ran the game from DOSBox.

Yeah, installing from the floppies should do it. Something is not set right as it is now. Until you can properly complete that setup, you won't have sound. Do you know how to do the floppy install?

I believe so. I'll give that a shot and let you know if it works in a couple of days. Thanks for your help.

Say, on the subject of WC1, does anyone know where I can get a download from, I want to play the first missions that led to a long and continuing chain of great flight sims and its impossible to find it these days.

cpwdakilr said:
Say, on the subject of WC1, does anyone know where I can get a download from, I want to play the first missions that led to a long and continuing chain of great flight sims and its impossible to find it these days.
There is currently no legitimate way of downloading any Wing Commander games, although Privateer is due to emerge on GameTap's subscription streaming/emulation service at some point, possibly followed by other WC releases. Requesting warez is a Forum violation according to ChatZone rule 11:

11) Linking to, offering, requesting or hinting at the whereabouts of warez, abandonwarez, copying games or other illegal content can result in immediate banning.

E-Bay is probably the best place to source Wing Commander games and materials, such as this listing for Wing Commander 1: http://cgi.ebay.com/Wing-Commander-...7QQihZ020QQcategoryZ62053QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Cheers,

BrynS

Last edited by a moderator:
Back