Wing Commander Music Video

TomGaines

Spaceman
The indirect challenge in the CIC News to create some more music videos for the Wing Commander fandom induced me to try my hand at this. It's my first time ever creating a music video.
It's to the song "Song 2" by Blur and it's entirely based on Wing Commander 4 video clips.

Download

What do you think?

Hopefully my trafficlimit is sufficient (5gig/month), as I have also a few other short videos up. If somebody is willing to co-host my music video just let me know where.

Looks great. Some of the videos we post do a couple dozen gigs, so we can mirror it before we mention it on the front page.

Interesting...don't know why but I like it...except for one thing...these spinning and clipping transitions. I prefer a hard cut, crossover or dissolve transitions over spinning pictures.

The timing is also nice for the first try...reminds me of my first music video..was an AMV.
I think its hard to find fitting scenes for a music video and I liked the beginning with Tolwyn a lot. It gives the beginning somekind of story told through the music.
Makes him look very nervouse and ready for some action ^_^

To sad I haven't got any time for doing something like that at the moment but I am inside my exams weeks.

really great work, the points where the you matched up the lyrics with images was particularly masterful :) really great work!

my only crit, you had to pick evanescence (sp) ;)

Hey that's awesome I really liked that. Good post editing work...Premiere? Very nice job, I like the music too...who does that song?

Maj.Striker said:
Hey that's awesome I really liked that. Good post editing work...Premiere? Very nice job, I like the music too...who does that song?
I used Womble MPEG Video Wizard. The song is by Blur.

gevatter Lars said:
Interesting...don't know why but I like it...except for one thing...these spinning and clipping transitions. I prefer a hard cut, crossover or dissolve transitions over spinning pictures.

I liked the way you tried to put a surge in action (explosions) where there was a surge in the music. However I am going to have to second those sentiments about the transitions... especialy the spining box ones. They detract to much attention from the visuals by drawing attention to themselves rather than adding punch to an otherwise good shift.

Thanks for your feedbacks. I have taken your advices and have slightly re-edited my video. One of the old transistions I didn't want to lose, but the rest I have replaced.
Here the new version. Enjoy.

Nice work!

I agree with AD's comment on the effectiveness of your visual edit aligning well with the various "beats" and inflection points in the audio track.

Cheers,

BrynS

The second version of this music video was the first such Wing Commander music video I've ever seen. I didn't even realize anyone was making them. (Hrm. Can anyone say 'nube'?) I LIKE! Where do I go for /more/!

I couldn't download the first version, but the second version has me addicted. That enough of a review? What do you give that for a rating? Two thumbs and a syringe?

That was cool, you tie the mood of the video to the mood of the song pieces well. Someone has doubtlesly phrased that better in a previous post, but you know what i mean.

I think that final transition works well aswell.

Just watched the vid and it was GREAT, Song 2 is one of my fav Blur songs anyway, but this makes it even better. Cheers

Back