Wing Commander Movie Soundtrack $10 At BSX

LeHah

212 Squadron - "The Old Man's Eyes And Ears"
I noticed that there is an increasing scarcity of finding the Wing Commander movie score. Amazon.com now has people selling the thing short of $30.

However, BuySoundtrax has copies in it's Bargain Bin for $10. If anyone is interested, you can head to the following link.

http://buysoundtrax.stores.yahoo.net/wincomorsoun.html

(Amazon and Ebay are still great places to get *used* copies but for new ones, you can't beat $10)

I loved the score. It was my favorite music for the year 2000.
But in my opinion, for a duration of nearly 38 minutes it could used a few more songs, like the battlestation scenes when the Tiger Claw was ambushed by the Kilrathi (it had a certain thrilling variation of the theme song) as well the end credits (about five minutes long link here.

I got mine about a year ago for a whopping 75 cents

how could the price have shot up like that?

if anyone out there doesn't have it, you should try and get it, it's really good and there's probably a few places you can find it on the cheap

half.com has it for around $3

Delance said:
I got mine as soon as it was released. 30 bucks? That's a lot.

Soundtracks are a tough market. Intrada recently released a limited pressing Goldsmith's Inchon. All 1500 sold out overnight and people are selling it for a starting price of $150 on Ebay.

LeHah said:
Soundtracks are a tough market. Intrada recently released a limited pressing Goldsmith's Inchon. All 1500 sold out overnight and people are selling it for a starting price of $150 on Ebay.

Ouch. I do have a very modest sountrack collection, but since they are mostly from older titles, it was not that expensive. In fact, the OST from Star Wars ATOC became so cheap I could get all three different covers for a few bucks.

Delance said:
In fact, the OST from Star Wars ATOC became so cheap I could get all three different covers for a few bucks.

Which is the way it should be. I mean, you have stuff like this where it really starts hurting your wallet after a while.

LeHah said:
I noticed that there is an increasing scarcity of finding the Wing Commander movie score. Amazon.com now has people selling the thing short of $30.

(Amazon and Ebay are still great places to get *used* copies but for new ones, you can't beat $10)

New shrunk wrapped copies are available from multipler sellers at Amazon, eBay and Half.com for $2-3 plus shipping. People aren't selling the CD for $30. There's just one abnormally high priced seller that is. Places selling it for more than $10-15 are kind of rare.

ChrisReid said:
There's just one abnormally high priced seller that is.

Perhaps I should've looked closer.

Oh well, worst case scenario is that people know theres a new place to buy the disc.

I wonder how much my boxed VHS "ultimate" collection of Star War movies would go for. They say right there on the video that it was the last chance to buy the movies on the original form.

Not very useful right now, but the box looks great.

Delance said:
They say right there on the video that it was the last chance to buy the movies on the original form.

It was until they put out the DVDs a couple weeks back.

Wasn't the DVD released in 2004? The VHS I brought in 1996, anyway. Oh, man, the tapes really suck if you just want to cut to the trench run.

Heck, I have a couple of copies of an unreleased soundtrack (both the oscar entry, and the unreleased official one). It sells on eBay for $80 or more, amazingly enough.

I don't know why it was never released - it was all nicely pressed and presented.

Just a warning - BSX's mailing list is a bit difficult to get off of - took me several tries when I got signed up on the wrong email address (and unfortunately, the proprietor can't edit the list for some reason - he tried and failed).

Back