Wing Commander movie reboot

I dunno, I'm kinda worried it's a half-assed cheesy B-movie along the lines of Sharknado or something.

If that was true, and "the asylum"(they guys behind every mockbuster, cheap somethingsharkVSmegasomething and sharknado movies)made it would take about two weeks to film the movie, and after editting would be complete within three months. And it is probably due to the fact that for example they have been making more money that the quality of their special effects and overall movies have actually gotten better. And if you only have to "create" sets for a bar, some barracks, a briefing room, a single cockpit mockup and the rest could be done in CGI, production costs can be very low. Ofcourse Chris Roberts and EA would never allow this, and then the Asylum would release it as "Wingcommanders"

I could only find one reference to the production company(near dark films), in this forum post: http://www.horror-movies.ca/Forum/viewtopic.php?id=32002 . And ofcourse, the company page never came of the ground and the mentioned movie never existed...

Last edited:
Then again, it could be a low budget film where VFX is limited in which case it can be rushed through. And given that most movies generally take about two years to plan out, film, edit, VFX and release, this one really would fly under the radar. (You got to get a script treatment, approval, scripts written, location scout, set production, sponsorship and funding, etc).

There's a script, but it's a draft. No filming has been done, and all the things you mention would still need to be worked out for this to proceed.

There's a script, but it's a draft. No filming has been done, and all the things you mention would still need to be worked out for this to proceed.

Chris, is it done by "neardarkfilms"(as IMDB referenced), the one I mentioned in my previous reply?

Chris, is it done by "neardarkfilms"(as IMDB referenced), the one I mentioned in my previous reply?

Yup, same Near Dark Films.

https://twitter.com/asimaahmad/status/499932646882168832

BvAeF36CYAAPxRO.jpg large.jpg

I'm tempted to ask this guy (via twitter) about what he's written.

I hope they get this worked out soon, and that it doesn't get butchered in editing like the firs Wing Commander movie did.

I hope they get this worked out soon, and that it doesn't get butchered in editing like the firs Wing Commander movie did.

I want to be optimistic, and I would love another WC movie, but I'd also want a "good" movie, and I haven't seen anthing yet to suggest they have things in place to make a good movie. So far nothing I've seen inspires confidence. I hope I'm wrong. I really do.

However I think it's pretty telling that the IMDB listing has disappeared. It now gives you a 404.

One thing has absolutely nothing to do with the other. Its like comparing apples and glassware sets.

This guy must be the ultimate pathological liar... I also wonder if this "Stefanie Levina" is a real person.

I'm still curious what this guy wrote. Should I bother to ask him on Twitter?

You could ask, but given the guy appears to appear pysciopathic and out right liar id be surprised if he wrote a single line of script.

Back