Wing Commander mod for space RTS!

IIRC Hegemonia was unmodable...without the tools to create something you can't make a mod and I don't know if there where ever released any tools for Hegemonia.

Beside that there where thoughts about doing it with this engine, wich looks realy good...but without tools you just can't do it.

Second aspect could also be that Hegemonia isn't that well known as Homeworld.

gevatter Lars said:
IIRC Hegemonia was unmodable...without the tools to create something you can't make a mod

Oh dear! How shall we make our Secret Ops mods! Origin didn't realease any modding tools!

@ TC

You know exactly what I meant...the point is are there are any tools...not that they are released from the people who made the game.
You wouldn't be abled to do anything with Secret Ops if no one had made any tools for it.
So if you aren't a coding guy or you didn't know one who can make some tools for you, you won't be able to do anything..except the Companie release some tools.
so shut up and do something usefull and search for someone who can and will do some moding tools.

gevatter Lars said:
so shut up and do something usefull and search for someone who can and will do some moding tools.

No, I think I'll just sit around doing absolutely nothing useful like I normally do... Because, you know, that's TC... Never doing anything!

Oh wait, no.

Secondly, you're also wrong about being able to mod this game... Not only is it possible and happening, but when I was taking an entire 30 seconds to check this, I actually found a post by Karthik@KANE on a modding forum. You don't appear to be able to insert your own models at the moment, but that didn't seem to slow down some of the earlier Wing Commander game modders, either... People used to make "Wing Commander" maps for games that didn't have anything approaching what looked like Wing Commander units. As Karthik said, though, more tools will be released with the TSH expansion... The plan seems to be to include all sorts of neat things that will give something approaching full customizing of the game. Yay for 30 seconds of research.

Here, this is one of multiple places where you can find information on modding this game: http://www.haegemonia.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=10&sid=a2a9f0c0cc62454e8d9339b19334e861

Back