Wing Commander Mod for Galactic Civilisations 2?

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
ColonelFireball said:
So please delete following sentences of the news:

"Fireball is also currently awaiting the 1.2 patch, which should streamline the modification process significantly. A playable release of the game should be available after the new version makes it out."
You said "first we need help to resolve that "Hardpoint -problem" and then I'd like to wait till Patzch 1.2 is release, because Stardock has promised that with Patch 1.2 the "Moddfolder" will work." How is the sentence I wrote inconsistent with your statement at all? If you get it out earlier, great, but that doesn't change what I said. Nobody else here is confused. And read the forum rules.
 
ChrisReid said:
You said "first we need help to resolve that "Hardpoint -problem" and then I'd like to wait till Patzch 1.2 is release, because Stardock has promised that with Patch 1.2 the "Moddfolder" will work." How is the sentence I wrote inconsistent with your statement at all? If you get it out earlier, great, but that doesn't change what I said. Nobody else here is confused. And read the forum rules.
My apologise again. Hope you accept it.
Thank you that you are posting news.
But I learned that the newsboard is as good as the source is.
So I try to deliver more useful infos.
 

Telkanes

Spaceman
Mod looks great :)

Been playing Galciv2 for a few weeks now and the game is great bit of a problem with Fighters in it for WC but the use of the Cap ships from WC2 is V.interesting! :)

The Concordia (my fav ship of the entire WC series) looks fantastic top marks on the model!! :)

Whats the time scale of work for this great mod? :p

-Telk
 
Telkanes said:
Mod looks great :)

Been playing Galciv2 for a few weeks now and the game is great bit of a problem with Fighters in it for WC but the use of the Cap ships from WC2 is V.interesting! :)

The Concordia (my fav ship of the entire WC series) looks fantastic top marks on the model!! :)

Whats the time scale of work for this great mod? :p

-Telk


I don't undestand the question "Whats the time scale of work for this great mod?"

If you mean the timeline, then the answer is: It is a mix Wing Commander 1 and 2.
But the most ships will be from Wing Commander 2.

If you ask about the release for this Mod: "When it's done!" ;)

I know that sounds like a quote from the Duke Nukem For Ever- Devs, but this is a fanproject, so it is normal that it takes it's time. ;)
 

Lt.Death100

Spaceman
ColonelFireball said:
If you ask about the release for this Mod: "When it's done!" ;)

I know that sounds like a quote from the Duke Nukem For Ever- Devs, but this is a fanproject, so it is normal that it takes it's time. ;)
Actually I think it's ID that's famous for the "when it's done" release date.
 
privfan said:
version 1.11 just came out
hopefully 1.2 will be soon, as this mod has a ton of potential
There is a missunderstanding. If patch 1.2 for GalCiv2 is relased it doesn't mean that the Mod will be released. I only mentioned that could be a good date, because Stardock sayd with patch 1.2 it will be more comfortable for the users to use mods.

There is a important if/but: The mod has do be done and it isn't done yet, sorry. :(

So please be patient I will tell you news as soon as possible. :)
 

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
ColonelFireball said:
There is a missunderstanding. If patch 1.2 for GalCiv2 is relased it doesn't mean that the Mod will be released. I only mentioned that could be a good date, because Stardock sayd with patch 1.2 it will be more comfortable for the users to use mods.
And that's all anyone is saying about it. It's your misconception that you think everyone expects this mod when the game's version 1.2 patch is released. All the last CIC update said was "Fireball is also currently awaiting the 1.2 patch, which should streamline the modification process significantly." https://www.wcnews.com/news/update/7002 It says nothing about the mod actually being released to time with that new update, and privfan is simply replying to the post where you say version 1.2 will help the mod along. However, what happened to all the stuff you were ready to release back in March? If anyone seems like they expect something soon, it's because you were looking for server space to upload your mod two months ago, and now you're barely saying anything about it.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

privfan

Commodore
Yeah, I didn't mean that 1.2 would automatically mean the mod would come out, just that the sooner 1.2 comes out the sooner you'll have the better tools to use
:)
 
privfan said:
Yeah, I didn't mean that 1.2 would automatically mean the mod would come out, just that the sooner 1.2 comes out the sooner you'll have the better tools to use
:)
That is o.k. just that you don't get it the wrong way.
I don't want you to expect some downloadable files if we (Marc and I) are not done. Just not to disappoint anybody.
If the Mod is done, the poeple on the WC CIC-Forum will be the first who know it. promise! :)
There are still plenty things to do.


Well, the "tools" in Patch 1.2 are basically more usefull to the users.


I hope it will work that way:

Copy the mod in the modfolder. activate the modfolder in the game. Run the modded game. Would be great, or not? :)
Depends onStardock.

@Chris Reid: I just do not want to disappoint some people that's all.
And it has nothing to do with then ews you are posted. You have posted well, I think we have talked about it. And thanks again fpr your newsposting, it is a great help. :)
It's that I told "pivan" that I can't promise that the mod will be ready with patch 1.2, but he already understood that, so ZERO PROBLEMS wit hthat! ;)

About that relase back in march: That was BEFORE Marc offerd his help by creating 3d Models. Those things I liked to release would be without any Wing Commander Ships, so 1/2 of the fun. I wrote you already a mail about that. ;)

About the Serverspace: When the Mod is complete I hope you offer some space for the mod on the CIC-Server so people can download it. :)
 

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
ColonelFireball said:
That is o.k. just that you don't get it the wrong way.
I don't want you to expect some downloadable files if we (Marc and I) are not done. Just not to disappoint anybody.
People are disappointed with each month that goes by without a release, whether 1.2 of the game comes out or not.

ColonelFireball said:
It's that I told "pivan" that I can't promise that the mod will be ready with patch 1.2, but he already understood that, so ZERO PROBLEMS wit hthat! ;)
It's "privfan." That's the third time you've written it like that and I'm not sure why.

ColonelFireball said:
About that relase back in march: That was BEFORE Marc offerd his help by creating 3d Models. Those things I liked to release would be without any Wing Commander Ships, so 1/2 of the fun. I wrote you already a mail about that. ;)
And you also talked about getting something out to the fans as soon as possible because a lot of mods carry on for months without releasing anything, and then fizzle out. I don't understand why what was completed then wasn't made available when it was done. It's would have been 1/2 fun since March instead of 0/2 the fun.
 

Telkanes

Spaceman
The bloke has a point I suppose about releasing what you have.


I mean those Cap ships U have look pretty sweet and Finished :)


Any chance of a Beta? :)

BTW there is a kick ass looking NuBSG mod for HW2 in the works If only I can get them to convert to WC! :)

-Telk
 
Telkanes said:
The bloke has a point I suppose about releasing what you have.


I mean those Cap ships U have look pretty sweet and Finished :)


Any chance of a Beta? :)

BTW there is a kick ass looking NuBSG mod for HW2 in the works If only I can get them to convert to WC! :)

-Telk
Beta? Well There is nothing you really could call Beta.
If Chris Reid offers some Webspace on the CIC-Server I could overthink to upload the stuff I have finished. But it is nothing really special. Juts RaceLogos and Portraits, some abllities fitting to the Races (In my opinion) and some Music.
But I would prefer to offer a finished Mod. Well let's see, if I have news Iwill let you know.
 
ColonelFireball said:
Beta? Well There is nothing you really could call Beta.
If Chris Reid offers some Webspace on the CIC-Server I could overthink to upload the stuff I have finished. But it is nothing really special. Juts RaceLogos and Portraits, some abllities fitting to the Races (In my opinion) and some Music.
But I would prefer to offer a finished Mod. Well let's see, if I have news Iwill let you know.
@ Chris Reid:
What pivan wrote in his post I now clear for me so need to talk about it again.

I tried to explain why thibngs are as they are. I have appologised for everything bad I wrote , and I don't want to start over again with it.
And I don't to start some arguments again.

If you really like that I upload that "done-stuf" of the mod pleas offer me some webspace an I see what I can upload if you like to chek it out.
As I mentioned: So far nothing special, because the Wing Commander ships are missing, and Marc is still working on them.
And that "Done-stuff" is the status of the MOd BEFORE Marc offerd his help and BEFORE I had any feeling the Mod would get some Ships in this live. That is why I was talking about a release some months ago. I don't know how I can explain this more understandable to you or anyone else, sorry. :(
 

Lt.Death100

Spaceman
ColonelFireball said:
@ Chris Reid:
What pivan wrote in his post I now clear for me so need to talk about it again.

I tried to explain why thibngs are as they are. I have appologised for everything bad I wrote , and I don't want to start over again with it.
And I don't to start some arguments again.

If you really like that I upload that "done-stuf" of the mod pleas offer me some webspace an I see what I can upload if you like to chek it out.
As I mentioned: So far nothing special, because the Wing Commander ships are missing, and Marc is still working on them.
And that "Done-stuff" is the status of the MOd BEFORE Marc offerd his help and BEFORE I had any feeling the Mod would get some Ships in this live. That is why I was talking about a release some months ago. I don't know how I can explain this more understandable to you or anyone else, sorry. :(
It's privfan, you said it wrong for the 4th time, please try to say it right.:)
 

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
ColonelFireball said:
Beta? Well There is nothing you really could call Beta.
If Chris Reid offers some Webspace on the CIC-Server I could overthink to upload the stuff I have finished. But it is nothing really special. Juts RaceLogos and Portraits, some abllities fitting to the Races (In my opinion) and some Music.
But I would prefer to offer a finished Mod. Well let's see, if I have news Iwill let you know.
At one point, race logos and some music were all that were planned for this mod. As I said above, we were looking into serving what was already complete back in March. I believe Rapidshare hosts files up to 100 megs without even registering. Other places are 500 megs and more. Webspace is super easy to get and set up these days. Most projects have their own sites so they have the flexibility to control their content, and we mirror it as appropriate.

ColonelFireball said:
And that "Done-stuff" is the status of the MOd BEFORE Marc offerd his help and BEFORE I had any feeling the Mod would get some Ships in this live. That is why I was talking about a release some months ago. I don't know how I can explain this more understandable to you or anyone else, sorry. :(
You keep saying that, but everyone understands what you're saying. All the comments about how upset you are that nobody gets you are pretty tiresome.
 
I am not upset Chris, That was the answer why I was talking about a release in March and today things are different. SO please try to see I am not upset at all.
Sad that you don't like to offer me some Webspace. :(

If you are angry or tired of something I wrote, then let us discuss it by e-mail or PM

I will think over a "Beta Release" if the people are really interested.

@LT Death: Sorry, I don't get you, what's the thing with pivan? I thought he asked, I answered and that's all about it, or is there more?
 
Top