wing commander mmo?

FjSouth12

Spaceman
could there be a wing commander mmo? open all of the sectors have the ability to join different fleets with people controlling fighters or carriers and cap ships also open the aspect of privateer as well. I was kinda hoping chris roberts was doing that with star citizen but he said he didnt own the rights to wing commander.

could there be a wing commander mmo? open all of the sectors have the ability to join different fleets with people controlling fighters or carriers and cap ships also open the aspect of privateer as well. I was kinda hoping chris roberts was doing that with star citizen but he said he didnt own the rights to wing commander.

Origin attempted it once upon a time (or several times actually) with various Privateer Online and WC Online pitches back when they were trying to figure out how to capitalize on the lightning in a bottle that was Ultima Online. Eventually most of those devs left and helped star Star Wars Galaxies. For various reasons EA put their eggs in the Earth and Beyond basket and there hasn't been any real serious attempts to revive the concept in a long time due in part to EA having competing sci-fi IPs that are more current (such as Mass Effect or their deal to make Star Wars games). It's possible that we might see EA try again but I don't see it happening soon.

Back