Wing Commander mentioned in PNR!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karthik@KANE

Spaceman
I dunno if this is old news but I noticed that they ahd a few shows lined up on their site like Wing Commander: The TV series and the Converters!
The WCTV series...is it refering to the defunct animated series or something else?! One more thing....PNR is not defunct yet right? And can anyone give me a link to the new movie their making?

I don't think there is much more information for LOAF to give. All I've heard are a couple of rumours and mild speculation. It will probably be created in Canada and could possibly be live-action. Even those might be complete distortions of what it actually is.

The proposal that that refers to was a live action series... there was some serious interest in it about a year and a half ago -- but it's stalled since then.

There's a game project that's supposed to be making the rounds now, though -- if it goes through, interest in the show would be more likely.

Melbourne said:
I don't think there is much more information for LOAF to give. All I've heard are a couple of rumours and mild speculation. It will probably be created in Canada and could possibly be live-action. Even those might be complete distortions of what it actually is.
Canada? I thought space sci fi series can be shot in studios in Hollywood?

Well... yes... they *can* be shot in studios in Hollywood... the proposal for the WC show was to shoot it in Canada, where it costs less to produce a TV series. This was quite popular in the late nineties.

Yeah, I remeber about this time a year ago, everybody was psyched of the news. But I think it's pretty much a dead project.

T8H3X11 said:
Yeah, I remeber about this time a year ago, everybody was psyched of the news. But I think it's pretty much a dead project.

Interesting -- what have you heard?

Bandit LOAF said:
Well... yes... they *can* be shot in studios in Hollywood... the proposal for the WC show was to shoot it in Canada, where it costs less to produce a TV series. This was quite popular in the late nineties.

Vancouver was the home for X-Files, Stargate SG-1, Sliders and a bunch of other great TV shows.

no wonder X-files had that weird look to it. ya ever notice how shows made outside of the US look a little strange with the picture? maybe its just me.

Dark_Knight said:
no wonder X-files had that weird look to it. ya ever notice how shows made outside of the US look a little strange with the picture? maybe its just me.

Yeah and I really hate it when half the cast can't pronounce the letter "O" ;)

It doesn't matter where you shoot WC Tv series since it takes place in space....just like Babylon 5! Now lwt's hope the new Kilrathi costumes will at least be the same like WC3!

Same Kilrathi costumes as wc3? . . . uhh . . . actually, I'd hope that they'd do much better than that. Maybe Chris Roberts would be consulted and he'd be able to come up with a Kilrathi that looks right on-screen. That would rock.

overmortal said:
Maybe Chris Roberts would be consulted and he'd be able to come up with a Kilrathi that looks right on-screen. That would rock.

Then they will be like the WCM ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back