Wing Commander - Memories

weirdculture

Spaceman
Hi all,

i've installes WCP last weekend again since years (installed w98 for it!). then i searched a littlebit in the internet and found many mods for WCSO.
But i miss one... the real one...

is there a mod which let you play the missions form WC1 and WC2.

I've seen that some pepole are porting the old ships (scimitar, rapier, fettet etc) to WCSO, but i didn't find any complete mod.

are I the first one who had this idea or are there any ****ing copyright issues which prevent that people which love the games form making a such mod?

Cheers WeirdCulture

well, no real WC1/2 port exists... but you may be interested in the outstanding Standoff mod, which is currently in production

If nobody's gonna harass the modders about modding the game, nobody will bug them about recreating the original missions. However it's a lot of work either way, so people figure they might as well make new missions.

HCl came very very close to a WC1 mod. I still have it on my old computer he was only missing the missions and the Ralari Fralthi Dokir

hmmmm

i've seen the "standof" mod and I got this idea when I was seeing the Screenshots.
I must say that I have absolutly no idea about 3d moddeling, but I'm starting to play with the idea to create the "orginal" missions.

Is it possible to create cutscenes which looks a littlebit like in WC1/2?, i don't mean the "graphics" but i mean the content (briefing, debrifing, funerals etc)

[edit]: what is HCI ?

Should be good if some can recreate all missions on a paper. A good project should be starting from a well documentation and continue taking it on bits. :)

I would recomend you poke around the WC Site a little bit, there's alot of ships out there that could serve your purpose for you, without you ever delving into 3d modeling (Except from the Vision Engine end, that is, implementing capships and their components). Hit the various sites for editing and modeling and see what models you have acquired, I've picked up nearly all the models from WC3 that way.

hmmm i've searched many of wing commander sites but i never found a ship which came from wc1 or wc2 (i think the "epee" was from wc academy). There are a lot of WC3,WC4 shps.. and some WCP

does somebody know a site where i can get the ships from wc1 (i think i should start with wc1)

i need the typical ships like raptor,scimmitar, hornet,rapier, drahlti Mk1, jahlti, salthi, krant, frahlti, ralari, dokir etc.. well the wc1 ships :)

When standoff has ben relased we should have all wc2 and some wc1 ships available. :)
You can recreate all wc1 and wc2 missions?, brief, history with all possibilities and paths?

well.. I would make the "logical" things. but my "artwork" skills are like the agility of a scimitar or the firepower of a ferret :)

I see some logical difiiculties right now:

Dense Asteroid Fields
Minefields
Toperdos in WC1?

I think the torpedo thing would be a acceptable change of the Weapon systems, we played it in 4 WC Games with the special atribute. But which ship should become the "bomber"?

[edit] Can somebody tell me a good mission editor/compiler/whatever ?

Grimloc said:
Where is HCl these days? I haven't heard from him (or noticed him, at least) for a while...
It seems he's too busy to work on WC these days - much like the rest of the editing community (if you can call it that :p). Quite unfortunate, really, and I doubt that it will change unless a new game comes out.

Maybe instead of calling them torpedoes in WC1, maybe just call them "anti-ship missiles?"

(cause when you think about it, a torpedo is an anti-ship missile)

well in WC1 they aren't any special "anti capital ship" missiles like torpedos.. IMHO was the first "anti capital ship" mission one which you flow with a scimitar and this pig have olny 2 DF and 3 HS

Perhaps if there was a way to make the capships without phase shields you wouldn't need torps at all. If not I'd say just replace the dumbfires with torpedoes since they basically served the same purpose as torps back then anyway.

well this is an good idea.. both.. the Phase shields and the dumbfire replacement.
i would prefer the first thing, so you have all the "missiles" for dogfighting.

does somebody know a mission editor? I've found the pascaleditor but it doesn't work for my (dll missing). :( my last pascal is "Borland Pascal 5.0" and this one is for DOS and havn't the dlls

Back