Wing Commander makes Cracked list

Other endings in WC4 include:
  • Blair's carrier is destroyed.
  • Blair is executed.
  • A war begins that will probably kill billions.
Despite those, I agree that the "poor performance review" is the most painful ending to watch.

The scenes playing on the TV in the bar may also be the war you could have stopped, but players will only know this if they have also completed the game.

Some others you can have:

Starlancer

1. Did you accidentally blow away one of your wingman? Moose, your whiny co-pilot, is quick to steal the stick and take you back to the carrier a traitor. No less than execution by firing squad awaits you.

2. Eject near Coalition capital craft and you could be captured. You wake to find yourself manacled to an interrogation table. A guard, just standing outside the room, cackles in anticipation of the screams to come.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled program...

Wing Commander III

1. So, you finally blew away Maniac; or did Flash have a Flashbang? Perhaps you thought, in your clairvoyant knowledge of the plot, attempted to save Cobra's (and possibly Vaquero's) life by sticking the traitor in the guts before he did Cobra. Upon your return Captain Eisen (and Jason Bernard hammers it well), flanked by two eager marines, is quick to remind you of Confed regulations regarding firing upon friendly craft. It felt good I'll bet but the damage has been done.

2. Just how bad did you fly? The biggest losing end game in gaming history! (that I can recall lol) You still had two missions left to fly AND should you survive long enough you got to either tell Prince Thrakhath to perform a certain impossible anatomical act or grovel for your life. Your fate is the same, but pride and honor is on the line here. Regardless, you get treated to a grand vista of DC in ruins and Kilrathi walking the earth. Go so far as to crush a human skull as if to signify how the Empire has finely crushed humanity.

Roll credits.

How's THAT for a losing scene. :confused:

That one should have really made the list.

Regardless, you get treated to a grand vista of DC in ruins and Kilrathi walking the earth. Go so far as to crush a human skull as if to signify how the Empire has finely crushed humanity.

Roll credits.

How's THAT for a losing scene. :confused:

Yeah I'll say! Can't go too much further wrong that your race being enslaved and your homeworld captured. That said I still find the 'Kilrathi walking on Earth' scene a bit disappointing. Took me a long time to work out that it was a Kilrathi foot crushing that human skull, merely for the poor quality FMV!

Yeah I'll say! Can't go too much further wrong that your race being enslaved and your homeworld captured. That said I still find the 'Kilrathi walking on Earth' scene a bit disappointing. Took me a long time to work out that it was a Kilrathi foot crushing that human skull, merely for the poor quality FMV!

yep obviously that shot of the skull being crushed was a terminator nod

Back