Wing Commander Kilrathi Saga Sound Problems in Win98SE

Aylien

Spaceman
I just dusted off my old copy of WC: Kilrathi Saga and I'm having trouble getting the sound working right. The game sounds seem to be working fine, but when a video plays, the sound skips. It's like playing through a fast food drive-thru window speaker. It's a steady skip, not random, I'm not sure if it's my sound card, or my CD drives. I used a Pioneer DVD/CD drive and a HP CDR 8100i drive and both skip.

Anybody have an idea of any settings I can change to make the video sound work? I tried using the -no_interlace when running WC3, but that didn't help.

"My sound is distorted during movies or gameplay!"

Your audio hardware may not be fully supported under DirectX version 2. Please contact your hardware manufacturer for information about the latest DirectX drivers available for your sound card. Once these drivers are installed, you should be able to get much better audio performance.

Try re-installing your sound card drivers or get newer ones.

Also try to change the full duplex mode of your soundcard (off if on, on if off) if available and/or change the hardware acceleration (if high turn off, if off turn high).

i HAD THE SAME PROBLEM,I just turned off any audio aceleration or enhancement,. Work fine.

D'oh. Apparently not. :eek:

See what happens when you've just finished your last exams and you're in a daze?

Alternatively, this serves as good reason to advise people not to post to dead threads, especially ones like this which are more than a year old.

Originally posted by Wedge009
Alternatively, this serves as good reason to advise people not to post to dead threads, especially ones like this which are more than a year old.

Indeed. On that note, don't post in dead threads, kids. It confuses poor Wedge.

Back