Wing Commander... keyboard?!

Bandit LOAF

Long Live the Confederation!
Allright -- here's the latest idea for my never-ending Wing Commander Computer project: a customized Wing Commander keyboard.

I'm thinking it'd be pretty radical to take the design for the Prophecy keyboards (below) and apply it to a 'real' keyboard instead of just laying it over as a flimsy rubber mat. So... does anyone have any idea how I might go about doing this?

For the 'circuit board' background, I'm pretty sure I can do one of two things -- either scan the existing one and have it printed up on heavy cardboard or plastic... or actually play around with materials to create a 3D version. If anyone has any reccomendations for how to go about doing either of those things, I'm all ears.

I'm pretty sure I've seen 'kits' for labelling keys... but I need some source of colored replacement keys to start off with. Are there companies that sell green, yellow and black keys?

prophecy.gif

Well for one you could just remove key by key from your keyboard and paint them yourself. Then get yourself decals that can be print on with a printer and label the keys the way you want. Then cover with several layers of clear paint.
As for companies selling colored keys - the only thing remotely there is a company I saw that makes 'original' IMB keyboards that allow you to pick the color of every key basically. I contacted them for something similar, but never got any response :-(

Back