Wing Commander IV - Remove Scanlines?

Lucifer66

Spaceman
Hi,
I got Wing Commander IV to work on my XP system (Thanks to a few patches) and it plays ok but is there a way to remove these awfull scanlines. It's the DOS version btw and I'm accually only using the onboard video atm since my video card fried last night. It was working with the video card as well...but I had scanlines then also. The video would be much better if I could just get rid of all these @#$^&* lines...
wcivscreenshothh7.jpg

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Hi,
I got Wing Commander IV to work on my XP system (Thanks to a few patches) and it plays ok but is there a way to remove these awfull scanlines. It's the DOS version btw and I'm accually only using the onboard video atm since my video card fried last night. It was working with the video card as well...but I had scanlines then also. The video would be much better if I could just get rid of all these @#$^&* lines...
wcivscreenshothh7.jpg

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

If you apply the win95 patch you can add the - no_interlace modifier to the command line in the shortcut. I believe there is also a - true_color one. It willl get rid of the interlacing but I honestly don't think it improves the quality of the picture any. the only exception would be really big monitors... The conceit is that you get rid of the lines for more blocky looking video. The interlacing theoretically tricks your eye into seeing a smoother picture though now that 19 inch monitors are almost the minimum standard the picture just doesn't look as good as when the average user had at max a fifteen inch screen.

Back