Wing Commander IV for Playstation

Noaki

Spaceman
I recently just got WC4 for the PSX, mainly because I got sick of trying to get it to work with XP, but I noticed that a lot of the movies are missing. Am I doing something wrong or are the movies really removed? I thought that might be the case since the PSX version only contains 4 CDs opposed to the PCs 6 CDs.

ya, ive heard that the PSx version of the game was rather shortened compared to the PC version. hence the 2 missing disks.

As for using it on XP, try changing the compatibility of the .exe file to windows 95 and download the video patch. Worked wonders for me.

Yeah I just noticed there are updates for the DVD version, which is the one I have. I will see if those work because I kept getting errors while trying to start the game.

Noaki said:
Yeah I just noticed there are updates for the DVD version, which is the one I have. I will see if those work because I kept getting errors while trying to start the game.

To get the DVD version to work you need to set the compatabilty mode and download the patch to get the video to play without the dxr2 card. Also, should you be using powerDVD you need the other alternate mpeg2 dll (I dont remember the name of the file) to get it to not freeze after the first video.

Back