Wing Commander IV DVD Windows 7

Scott

Spaceman
I've had no problem running the game with the associated patches etc, but I get to a certain point in the game and it asks me to turn over the dvd, and I cannot get beyond this as I'm running the game from an .iso.

Is there anyway around this?

Okay, so I've managed to get past this by mounting the 2nd dvd, but now when I try to talk to any crew members it tells me the vob file is missing :S

Well, if you're using an ISO emulator, the easiest way is to burn those ISO into physical discs, and play as if you're playing with a real DVD. This way, instead of one double-sided DVDs, you get two pirated DVD-Rs.

Welcome aboard the CIC, Cadet Scott!

pirated DVD-Rs.

I guess you're probably kidding, but wanting to use an ISO doesn't always imply piracy. Sure, it's possible, but do-gooders with technical know-how can use ISOs to either keep the original discs safe, or because they're playing on a computer without an optical drive (it's common enough. I have three laptops, and none of them have optical drives). In these cases, just burning new discs would be defeating the purpose or outright impossible.

You don't even have to do this for the WC4 dvd though. You should just be able to copy the whole disk to the harddrive and run WC4DVD - no instalation - from there.

You don't even have to do this for the WC4 dvd though. You should just be able to copy the whole disk to the harddrive and run WC4DVD - no instalation - from there.
How do you tell the installation where to find the video files if you do this?

How do you tell the installation where to find the video files if you do this?
You don't have to. Just copy all the contents of the DVD to a directory on your harddrive. If it's c:\wc4dvd then you should have a folder called VOB within that directory. As long as all your movie files are in a directory called VOB within your dvd install folder the game will see them and play them.

When I try that the movies don't play and in the error message it looks like it's looking for them on the c:\ drive, which is not where I copied the game.

If you are getting the "file not found" error, it's possible that you didn't install the dvd patch correctly. If you copied the dvd to the harddrive don't forget to unzip and overwrite the patch files into the directory. Don't bother running the install file for the game itself after too. Just run WC4DVD.exe

Back