Wing Commander is not XP's friend.

pygmypiranha

Vice Admiral
WING COMMANDER IS NOT XPs FRIEND

Is anyone else enjoying the lovely problems with not being able to enjoy any Wing Commander Game with Windows XP. I recently installed XP and now I am unable to play any WC game except for Prophecy. Ahhh hit me now!

I'm not having any problems. I've got The Kilrathi Saga, The Price of Freedom, Prophecy, and Secret Ops working perfectly. I'd be happy to help you with your problems, but a topic of this nature is better suited for the Tech Support forum.

Microsoft is the problem, not WC games.

The problem is that WinXP does not support DOS, and you will, at first, not be able to play any DOS-based WC games, UNLESS you get a boot disk made in a Win 98/95 computer and use it to start your WC games, in DOS.

Please look for help in the Tech Support Forum, you´ll find the best advice there.

A topic of this nature is also better suited when it's punctuated and not in all caps.

Moving it to Tech Support.

Thanx for your help

Well, thanks for everyone's help and all. Sorry about posting this on the wrong section. Amateur poster on the site. Opps.

I just install KS on my XP Pro machine. WC3 plays perfectly. I don't understand why people can't get it to work.:confused: Now I do build my own PCs and I make sure that all my drivers are up to date. I also am using win98 compartitiblty mode on the WC3.exe icon. :) I am able to play on WC's Windows base games on my XP machine.

I cant get the movies in prophecy (in win xp under win 98 mode) to play without skipping. Ive disabled all sound acceleration as was mentioned in another thread. Anyone else have any ideas?

Originally posted by Zor Prime
I cant get the movies in prophecy (in win xp under win 98 mode) to play without skipping. Ive disabled all sound acceleration as was mentioned in another thread. Anyone else have any ideas?
If you are using SBLive with LW3 your out of luck.

Back