Wing Commander III

tonga2691

Spaceman
I have a question to how ever can help..... I have windows ME and i've tried this in the dos box and in windows. i get to the install box that blue and red thing to test my machine i hit any key nothing happens and a message comes up. Exception 13 happened i try to type in univbe and it says support vidoe card not detected installation aborted. i have wing commander 4 and it works perfect i cant figure out whats going on please somebody help me.

Thank you

not sure

i'm not in front of my computer right now i'm at work, where would i find it and what should it be can i change it so that it will be able to work? i'll be home in an hour when will you be on til?

Run dxdiag.exe, your videoboard should be listed in the "video" tab.

I´m not sure if Wc3 runs in the crappy WinME.

I don´t know if I´ll be here when you come back but don´t worry, someone will :p

well i found out last night on my girlfriends laptop that it works but i'd still like to get it to work on my computer i will dxdiag tonight she has windows xp on her laptop. ea games sent me something to try also so i guess i have a few options

EA support sucks bad. However, if you wish you could post their advice here so we can take a look at it.

okay well i guess they didn't give me something to do just something to send them but i'll still give this a try tonight and see what they have to say. does this make any sence why would he be asking for this? and what kind of vidoe card should i be looking for. i'll get you all the info by tonight.

I'm sorry you are having troubles running our game. In order to better troubleshoot the issue, I will need you to send me some information from a program called DxDiag. Please reply with the dxdiag.txt

1. Go to Start -> Run.
2. In the box, type the following: dxdiag
3. Hit "OK"
4. Click the "Save All Information" button on the first screen of the application.
5. Then on top of the "Save As" box that pops up, click the arrow just to the right of the "Save In" box, and select Desktop, then click Save.
6. Finally, attach the dxdiag.txt to your email reply.

can you post the addy to their tech support? I have a few questions for them too.

tonga2691 said:
I'm sorry you are having troubles running our game. In order to better troubleshoot the issue, I will need you to send me some information from a program called DxDiag. Please reply with the dxdiag.txt

1. Go to Start -> Run.
2. In the box, type the following: dxdiag
3. Hit "OK"
4. Click the "Save All Information" button on the first screen of the application.
5. Then on top of the "Save As" box that pops up, click the arrow just to the right of the "Save In" box, and select Desktop, then click Save.
6. Finally, attach the dxdiag.txt to your email reply.

heh, that´s *exactly* what I asked you a couple posts below... :p

what should i be looking for when they tell me to open that and look at it. i've run that program before installed saved looked and anything i did it never seemed to make much of a difference.

Back