topnalias

Spaceman
Hi all,

I have re installed Wing Commander III on My Computer :

Compaq 866Mhz
512Mo RAM
Creative Live 5.1 (Sound Cart)
GeForce 4 (64Mo DDR)

The game worked perfectly BUT THE SOUND FX doesn't work correctly ; The sound is interrupted... In the Video it's OK but in the game... Is there a patch ??

Thanks for your HELP !!!!!
PLEASE !! I Like very much Wing Commander III !!!
If someone can speak french... there will be perfect for me :)

Try setting your sound in the setup for regular SoundBlaster, instead of SB PRO or SB 16. That might work....

If you disable the sound effects, does the game run fine?

I´ll give you 3 of my best guesses, try them and see if you can get the sound working:

1) Run dxdiag.exe and disable sound acceleration, under "sound"
2) Right-click on the wc3.exe file and set the compatibility tab, in "properties", to Win 95/98.
3) Download the latest drivers for your sound card.

You could always make a Win98 bootdisk and run the game in real DOS mode. You would have to make good autoexec.bat and config.sys settings to make your card work, but it is possible.

But how to read the CD-ROM under DOS?? And partition NTFS??? I have already tried this solution but I did not succeed in launching applications since DOS with a reader NTFS!

Still thank you for your help !

I´m out of ideas here. Just wait for someone else to try to help you. If everything fails, it is (in theory) possible to simulate DOS in your computer. It will require some major tweaking, though.

Originally posted by topnalias
But how to read the CD-ROM under DOS?? And partition NTFS??? I have already tried this solution but I did not succeed in launching applications since DOS with a reader NTFS!

Just use a DOS CD driver?!
As for NTFS - I am not aware that XP uses that one. Isn't XP all FAT 32??

That´s why I keep my ole P166 with Windows 98. Handles ALL Wing Commander games and add-ons.

(except mission 10 in Unknown Enemy :( )

Wow, my P166 couldn't get through the mission where you fly the Gratha the first time, but I just blame it on the small video card.

Hi General Wedge Antille !!

I know StarWars Too very good ;)

For your problem i can't help you... i haven't Win98 and WC Secret Ops and Uknow Enemy....

Good Luck !!

Back