Wing Commander III Playstation Japanese Version Manuals

EmuMusicFan

Chief Petty Officer
I bought a box of Playstation Japanese version WC3. The CD box is broken but the manuals and CDs are nearly perfect.

Could I scan them and upload the pictures? Thanks!
There are two booklets (and a one-page advertisement). One is exploration guidance and the other is combat guidance.

Edit: OK! Since there are limited number of attachments in a single floor, the images of the booklets are posted in multiple floors.

Box Covers and CD prints:

(At the moment, only the CD1 print. )

Attachments

Last edited:

EmuMusicFan

Chief Petty Officer
Booklet 1 - Exploration Guidance:
Part 1.

Attachments

Last edited:

Wedge009

Rogue Leader
Newtron Gun... (in Longbow description).

In contemporary Japanese texts I've seen a lot of borrowing from English and other 'western' languages, I'm always fascinated by the mix of Japanese and Latin characters. It could just be a typo... but it could also be that 'Newtron' is easier for a Japanese reader than Neutron.

Pedro

Admiral
Newtron Gun... (in Longbow description).

In contemporary Japanese texts I've seen a lot of borrowing from English and other 'western' languages, I'm always fascinated by the mix of Japanese and Latin characters. It could just be a typo... but it could also be that 'Newtron' is easier for a Japanese reader than Neutron.
It'd definitely be easier because it's two fairly well used English words put together (well tron isn't really a word but crops up combined with other words in lots of popculture stuff with mechs and robots). I could see Neutron getting pronounced as Ne(as in Ned)-oooh-tron

Last edited:

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
I see what you're referring to in the ship stats portion. Interestingly enough, it still seems to be Neutron in the game interface.

Screen Shot 2020-04-28 at 8.35.11 AM.png