Wing Commander... HTML style.

Wedge009

Rogue Leader
After more than year's work (thanks to interruptions from life, no doubt), I've finally finished my collection of scripts for the whole Wing Commander series (barring Privateer 2 - the only WC game I don't have). I have made some changes with regard to spelling (translating to English), grammar (some of the casual spoken language was a bit too painful for me to leave), and bad language (say whatever you want about that) - but in the end, no changes were made to the actual meaning of the dialogue. I know there are the scripts for WC3 and WC4 in the CIC's files section, but there are many substantial changes between those scripts and the actual dialogue in the FMV. Anyway, I hope everyone can find these of some use - I know many of you have already done so with my earlier completed transcripts. Now there should be no excuses for not knowing about any bit of information given in the games!

If you find any errors which I missed (multiple paths in series like Circe and Speradon made things difficult), or if you have constructive criticism, please tell me. Just don't say anything about the pages' simple appearance, I'm not going to bloat them with fancy decorations.

Now, the only question is what to work on next? I'm thinking of adding to the collection of on-line manuals. Is it worth writing up the WC4 'manual'? It only has the novel preview, some vague descriptions of fighters and weapons, and a listing of credits. An on-line ICIS manual would no doubt be useful, but I know there are several versions out there, not to mention the Prophecy Gold manual as well.

Finally - besides psych ;) - would anyone be interested in a Strike Commander script? If I ever run out of things to do (very unlikely!), it would certainly be fun to play through that again.

I'd do ICIS... or the KS manual... they're the neatest manuals that are left that I can think of, and both have been on my "do next" list for quite a while, but other things keep getting in the way.

Personally, I'd be very interested in seeing the WCPG version of the ICIS manual, since it's got some stuff that didn't appear in the original WCP manual.

Good job writing all that stuff up, I can imagine it was none to fun to have to try and go through every possible path to get all the dialouge.

Cool:)

I'd like to see the Prophecy Gold manual.

I also wouldn't mind the Strike Commander script. I enjoyed the game, but never got around to completing it:(

TC said:
I'd do ICIS... or the KS manual... they're the neatest manuals that are left that I can think of, and both have been on my "do next" list for quite a while, but other things keep getting in the way.
I've been thinking about this and I'd be willing to part with my KS manual if someone wants to carefully tear it apart (its not the spiral bound one), scan it, then have Kinkos or someone attempt to put it back together again. I'd make this huge sacrifice for the greater good of the WC community ;).

C-ya

Viper61 said:
I've been thinking about this and I'd be willing to part with my KS manual if someone wants to carefully tear it apart (its not the spiral bound one), scan it, then have Kinkos or someone attempt to put it back together again. I'd make this huge sacrifice for the greater good of the WC community ;).

Wow... why would you break it? I Claw Marked without breaking a single one. It's not like I'm trying to protect them, either... I have a half dozen Claw Markses...

TC said:
Wow... why would you break it? I Claw Marked without breaking a single one. It's not like I'm trying to protect them, either... I have a half dozen Claw Markses...
I figured as thick as it is that it would be extremely hard to get a good scan with the binding still on.

C-ya

Thanks for the thumbs up, people, I really appreciate it.

Regarding the ICIS manual - I only have the Singaporean version. I don't intend working on anything new for a while (weeks? months?), but I could (if no one else gets to it first) type it up, and maybe someone else could scan or find originals of the pictures and borders. Then, perhaps, people who own various versions could note differences and make their own contribution.

Incidentally, I typed some of the text in the ICIS manual for my own use several years ago, but then decided to delete it...

A Strike Commander script will be even further down the track into the future, but maybe I can get around to it some day.

About playing several different paths - well, I managed to find most of the sub-titles as text within the game files. Still, I played through the WC series to check everything was in the right place, and also to find which routes yield the highest kill scores. :) FMV was the hardest to verify due to the inablility to pause, rewind, replay, etc, and HCl's Movie Player doesn't work to well on my slow computer.

Back