Wing Commander for C64?

Intriguing. Whatever it is, maybe you should bid on it, just to say you truly do own all the Wing Commander titles.

I don't think it has anything to do with WC. If you look at the picture you can tell it's some kind of aircraft not spacecraft and the british aircraft marking in the upper left leads to believe this has something to do with WW2 and not the Terran-Kilrathi war. Looks like an old game that just got lucky and has the name of a good game on it. :D

Origin didn´t invent the word "Wing Commander" you know. Looks like an ordinary flight sim that predates wing commander, although it might have been an inspiration for the Origin Games, who knows.

I think an Emmanuel Goldstein reference would be more appropriate than the banners of ignorant college students everywhere. :)

High,

Shipgate said:
Intriguing. Whatever it is, maybe you should bid on it, just to say you truly do own all the Wing Commander titles.

shall I listen to your advise? Maybe it will be mine :). I do owe a C128D. The Problem is that I gotta get a cassette player for the C128.
And the collection grows up. Help me I'm running out of space.

My first computer was this old ratty ass PC my dad got me. I still have it, My current PC uses the same case. WC1 was my first game

I've got an ancient "Whole Earth Software guide" from 1984 in my bookcase, and lo and behold, it's got this old Commodore 64 flight-sim called Wing Commander in it...
Ah, the days of the IBM PC, Apple II...mere years before I was born... :p
My first PC was a Packard Bell 486 DX2--you know, one of the few 'Bells that didn't, um, suck.

Edit: Wait, in one of my old WC books, Chris Roberts said in an interview that after reviewing copyright info, they were forced to change their original title of Squadron into Wing Commander. Would the copyright from this game have expired in only six-odd years?

If they bothered to copyright the name at all. I'm sure back then when the market was flooded with cheesy games not every cheesy game developer cared to get their one shot game names preserved.

Either that or the owner to the rights of the name Wing Commander just didn't care by then since they probably weren't ever making a new game or still making money on the old one.

Back