wing commander fonts

Madgitty

Petty Officer
Hi
having gone through my wc disks and found faulty, replacing these disk i now want to design new labels, are there any font packs for wc1 and wc2
thanks

I used Slicker to reproduce the Wing Commander aesthetic in other works. I believe it's the one used in the CIC logo as well.

StopD will get you the lettering from the original box art; it's what I used for the cover of WCRPG, which you can see in my little circle image off to the left (having a senior moment right now and I can't remember what the damn thing is actually called). The only trouble with StopD is with the letter "I"; it will pop it out lowercase. On the WCRPG cover I actually had to go and manually make it a full uppercase I; the fact that nobody's mentioned it indicates to me that I did a great job masking that up...

And for the section headers in WCRPG, I also utilized Slicker. It's a good font. You see it in the official Prophecy guide, IIRC.

I want to say Futura is in there somewhere too, but don't quote me on that.

The only trouble with StopD is with the letter "I"; it will pop it out lowercase. On the WCRPG cover I actually had to go and manually make it a full uppercase I; the fact that nobody's mentioned it indicates to me that I did a great job masking that up...
Fun little cheat for that annoying lowercase i - for wcrespace.com and some of my more recent trailer videos, I found that replacing the i with a vertical bar (the | character) drops a very servicable-looking uppercase I equivalent in StopD and Galactican Regular (a very similar font and the one I used) :)

codeShot.PNG

siteShot.PNG

Back