Wing Commander Flat Universe

Welcome back! The new site is great! My only nit is that I didn't see a Banshee on the flight deck...that gave me a sad. ;)

I did find one issue though seriously: the Sign Up Now button says "Sign Up Know"

I did find one issue though seriously: the Sign Up Now button says "Sign Up Know"
Just FIXED it!:)
Can you believe it? I must have passed this page 1000 times and still didn't see it!:oops: Damn, auto complete.

Welcome back! The new site is great! My only nit is that I didn't see a Banshee on the flight deck...that gave me a sad. ;)

This is my nit TOO!:mad: To be true the logic is that we are going to include to the Flight Deck only the ships that are available on the current version of Flat Universe. But for the 2017 winner we could make an exception since the Banshee is my personal favourite as some Broadsword addicts may already now.;)

Thanks a lot Defiance!

Just FIXED it!:)
Can you believe it? I must have passed this page 1000 times and still didn't see it!:oops: Damn, auto complete.

This is my nit TOO!:mad: To be true the logic is that we are going to include to the Flight Deck only the ships that are available on the current version of Flat Universe. But for the 2017 winner we could make an exception since the Banshee is my personal favourite as some Broadsword addicts may already now.;)

Thanks a lot Defiance!

I'm actually curious/excited to see how she looks in the engine. :D

Hi, reinstalled it and the system will not update(unable to sign in to navcom AI)

Tried compatibility options, both automatic and manual, tried both the 32- and 64bits versions. Running Windows 10 Insider(build 17101.rs4_release180211-1040

Hi, reinstalled it and the system will not update(unable to sign in to navcom AI)

Tried compatibility options, both automatic and manual, tried both the 32- and 64bits versions. Running Windows 10 Insider(build 17101.rs4_release180211-1040

Hey Mace,

Don't worry it is not your fault! The patching system was inside the CIC server for the ALPHA testing period. Now, everything has been moved to the MaslasBros domain and the launcher is not updated.
One of these days I will give an updated version of the launcher which is going to be self updated and more robust on situations like that. Taking advantage of that situation we might also announce a new ship and the European server that you so gladly offered to us, months now!

Sorry for the inconvenience to every one and thanks for the support!:)

I'm actually curious/excited to see how she looks in the engine. :D
Regarding your request,

Please take a look on the flight deck,
and meet...

cap20180219132116.png

cap20180219132140.png

cap20180219132452.png

your doom, you Broadsword addicts! :eek:

We'd like to point that every image that contains graphics inside the new website are screenshots taken directly from the game engine.
The details that you see on the ships from these screens come from the detailed models that you can experience them in-flight if you zoom close enough the camera during the game play.
Of course we are preparing camera close ups with K/B shortcuts (missile follow, target follow, follow me etc.) to the increase the graphics experience.
Now, If you are interested to know why we stick so much with graphics detail on a top down shooter, the answer is simple...
Persistence. Every time you will see an in game cut-scene or you return with a damaged ship from a mission the damages will be there sitting on top of your wrecked ship.
In other words you will have to be especially careful with what the chief mechanic will have to tell you after a bad luck on your mission! :confused:

Hey Mace,

Don't worry it is not your fault! The patching system was inside the CIC server for the ALPHA testing period. Now, everything has been moved to the MaslasBros domain and the launcher is not updated.
One of these days I will give an updated version of the launcher which is going to be self updated and more robust on situations like that. Taking advantage of that situation we might also announce a new ship and the European server that you so gladly offered to us, months now!

Sorry for the inconvenience to every one and thanks for the support!:)

I just got the same issue... So is there anyway to play right now?

I just got the same issue... So is there anyway to play right now?

Hi Youngblood,

A couple of days before we've sent to the registered FlatUniverse pilots aka FlatPilots the following guide on email:

For those of you who want to download and play FlatUniverse on it's current version
they should also download the following configuration file from the link bellow...

https://flatuniverse.maslasbros.com/instr/conf.json

...and do the following:

Windows users: copy and overwrite the conf.json to the "flatuniverse installation folder"\etc\ (default location: c:\program files\maslasbros\flatuniverse\etc\).

Windows 32bit users: copy and overwrite the conf.json to the "flatuniverse installation folder"\etc\ (default location: c:\program files(x86)\maslasbros\flatuniverse\etc\).

Linux tar.gz users: copy and overwrite the conf.json to the "flatuniverse installation folder"/etc/.

Linux debian users: copy and overwrite the conf.json to the "flatuniverse installation folder"/etc/ (default location: /opt/FlatUniverse/etc/).

Mac users: Click on finder -> applications -> right click on FlatUniverse.app ( or left click while holding option key) -> show package contents -> copy file on the following location Contents/etc/.

Be warned that after that process you should be able to login and play only to the US server.

We are very sorry for all the inconvenience, we are putting much effort to make FlatUniverse a quality fan game although we lack both on resources and time.

Keep in mind that no matter how fast or how slow we work on this project, FlatUniverse is progressing always with the best of our intentions.

We hope it helps :)!

Hi Youngblood,

A couple of days before we've sent to the registered FlatUniverse pilots aka FlatPilots the following guide on email:

For those of you who want to download and play FlatUniverse on it's current version
they should also download the following configuration file from the link bellow...

https://flatuniverse.maslasbros.com/instr/conf.json

...and do the following:

Windows users: copy and overwrite the conf.json to the "flatuniverse installation folder"\etc\ (default location: c:\program files\maslasbros\flatuniverse\etc\).

Windows 32bit users: copy and overwrite the conf.json to the "flatuniverse installation folder"\etc\ (default location: c:\program files(x86)\maslasbros\flatuniverse\etc\).

Linux tar.gz users: copy and overwrite the conf.json to the "flatuniverse installation folder"/etc/.

Linux debian users: copy and overwrite the conf.json to the "flatuniverse installation folder"/etc/ (default location: /opt/FlatUniverse/etc/).

Mac users: Click on finder -> applications -> right click on FlatUniverse.app ( or left click while holding option key) -> show package contents -> copy file on the following location Contents/etc/.

Be warned that after that process you should be able to login and play only to the US server.

We are very sorry for all the inconvenience, we are putting much effort to make FlatUniverse a quality fan game although we lack both on resources and time.

Keep in mind that no matter how fast or how slow we work on this project, FlatUniverse is progressing always with the best of our intentions.

We hope it helps :)!

Thank you very much!! Ill give it a go!

I tried the fix and the Launcher updated however when I click LAUNCH to play nothing happens apart from the Launcher closing

I tried the fix and the Launcher updated however when I click LAUNCH to play nothing happens apart from the Launcher closing
That's interesting,
Could you please give me information regarding your platform (MAC, Linux, Windows), OS version, architecture?
Thanks in advance!

That's interesting,
Could you please give me information regarding your platform (MAC, Linux, Windows), OS version, architecture?
Thanks in advance!

ImI using a Windows 10 PC 64 bit with tge following..

Intel I7
16Gb Ram
9700 GTX

Is that enenou information?

ThankT again for your help!

ImI using a Windows 10 PC 64 bit with tge following..

Intel I7
16Gb Ram
9700 GTX

Is that enenou information?

ThankT again for your help!

More than enough!

First try to start FlatUniverse from the drop down button next to Launch called settings. If you have the same problem then follow the next steps.
Try to start FlatUniverse from the following path C:\Program Files\MaslasBros\FlatUniverse\bin\flat.exe.
a. If it starts you'll have to start FlatUniverse from there for the time being.
b. If it doesn't start from there too, then there must be something wrong with your graphics drivers version or settings.
c. If the file doesn't exists at all (the bin folder is empty or flat.exe is missing) something must have gone totally wrong with the download procedure (not by your fault) .
Uninstall FlatUniverse, download both flatuniverse installer and the conf file and install again.

Please give me some feedback with the results.
Thanks

More than enough!

First try to start FlatUniverse from the drop down button next to Launch called settings. If you have the same problem then follow the next steps.
Try to start FlatUniverse from the following path C:\Program Files\MaslasBros\FlatUniverse\bin\flat.exe.
a. If it starts you'll have to start FlatUniverse from there for the time being.

This worked! Thanks again!

Guys, think I found a future glitch, I'm running windows insider on my primary PC(current 10.0.17101.1000) and in the previous version it stopped working, had thesame issue as youngblood. Manually set the compatibility to windows 7 and run the game as admin(that last one you might want to adress).. and it runs just fine...

I also watched your podcast from a year ago that appears to have started the broadsword discussion, but from what i gather, would it not be an idea to bridge the servers together? if you for some reason want really low latency, people could try "the local server", and the rest of the time have more players around.

Guys, think I found a future glitch, I'm running windows insider on my primary PC(current 10.0.17101.1000) and in the previous version it stopped working, had thesame issue as youngblood. Manually set the compatibility to windows 7 and run the game as admin(that last one you might want to adress).. and it runs just fine...

Hey Mace this is a logged bug of the launcher aka FULG and thank you for reporting it your self. We have gathered some bugs so far and we are preparing to release a fixed version hopefully in one of the following days fingers crossed.:rolleyes:

I also watched your podcast from a year ago that appears to have started the broadsword discussion, but from what i gather, would it not be an idea to bridge the servers together? if you for some reason want really low latency, people could try "the local server", and the rest of the time have more players around.

We love it when you guys make us to reveal our future plans earlier.:) It's like you want so much as we want this game to be developed. Anyhow, let me get to the point.
Our future/ultimate goal regarding server management is the following, keep in mind that we are going to reach this goal only if we are going to have a great number of registered FlatPilots.
The player will have the option to play the game in single player mode where he will be flying on a free-flight mode, privateer like mode (with systems, space stations, ai traffic, pirates, militia etc.) and of course he could choose to start playing campaigns, not only one story but more just like the Quests and side Quests work in an RPG world.
Now, when he will be in multiplayer mode the game will work in the same manner but on a parallel universe like an MMO where himself together with other players he could join or create squadrons giving them the choice to play coop missions. We have also decided after some propositions from the ALPHA testers to also add a multistation mode (Broadsword pilot with 3 gunners for example).
The server management should work on the following logic. When on free-flight mode there will be at least one server used for this purpose. Now, for every new sector that we will introduce and if we have more than one servers in our disposal, we are going to use one for every sector depending on the number of the registered FlatPilots, their geolocation the server's capacity. If the population will increase in a sector we will assign a server on one or more quadrants of the same sector.
When the player will play a coop mission or a quick skirmish there will be given a list of available servers to choose from or to automatically get positioned depending again on the server's capacity and his geolocation.
Again, this is a rough estimation of our plans and we are open on suggestions, as always.:)

Last edited:
Hey Mace this is a logged bug of the launcher aka FULG and thank you for reporting it your self. We have gathered some bugs so far and we are preparing to release a fixed version hopefully in one of the following days fingers crossed.:rolleyes:

We love it when you guys make us to reveal our future plans earlier.:) It's like you want so much as we want this game to be developed. Anyhow, let me get to the point.
Our future/ultimate goal regarding server management is the following, keep in mind that we are going to reach this goal only if we are going to have a great number of registered FlatPilots.
The player will have the option to play the game in single player mode where he will be flying on a free-flight mode, privateer like mode (with systems, space stations, ai traffic, pirates, militia etc.) and of course he could choose to start playing campaigns, not only one story but more just like the Quests and side Quests work in an RPG world.
Now, when he will be in multiplayer mode the game will work in the same manner but on a parallel universe like an MMO where himself together with other players he could join or create squadrons giving them the choice to play coop missions. We have also decided after some propositions from the ALPHA testers to also add a multistation mode (Broadsword pilot with 3 gunners for example).
The server management should work on the following logic. When on free-flight mode there will be at least one server used for this purpose. Now, for every new sector that we will introduce and if we have more than one servers in our disposal, we are going to use one for every sector depending on the number of the registered FlatPilots, their geolocation the server's capacity. If the population will increase in a sector we will assign a server on one or more quadrants of the same sector.
When the player will play a coop mission or a quick skirmish there will be given a list of available servers to choose from or to automatically get positioned depending again on the server's capacity and his geolocation.
Again, this is a rough estimation of our plans and we are open on suggestions, as always.:)

If you are taking it that far, would you not consider "a chance for you to get back in the cockpit?" (I mailed you guys btw)

Hi, I may be missing something but registration seems to be broken on your website. I tried it on Chrome and Edge, get messages saying the email /callsign are already in use (they aren't). I found this was the case regardless of what I enter. Game looks great but I can't create an account to login and play :/

Back