wing commander fashion

Filler

General Graphics Guy
Hey
I'm just trying to guage interest in having some wing commander themed clothing. Not like the cic clothing. I'm talking about modern fashion with some wing commander themes.

Well, I was thinking of doing a Descent 2 mod of my labcoat that showed a Pyro GX with Jesus flying it with the caption "God flies an illegaly modified Pyro-GX" on the back, I'm sure something similar could be done for WC stuff.

Also, around the time when WC3/WC4 was big, such merchandise WAS made. It's cool if you can find it, but these days it's probably worth a mint.

This is what I'm talking about:

shirt1small.gif

Also, around the time when WC3/WC4 was big, such merchandise WAS made. It's cool if you can find it, but these days it's probably worth a mint.

Yup, a company named Zanart produced four Wing Commander shirts (2 WC3 & 2 WC4) in 1996... they're pretty darned rare today, although they don't seem to be particularly desired by collectors. (Although I'm personally missing quite a bit of the Zanart stuff and would pay top dollar for it. :))

There have been at least a dozen promotional WC shirts over the past ten years, though.

I don't have a thing of the Zanart stuff, some of it would be really cool. I really hope there's another WC game someday, maybe there'll be new cool stuff.

I'd be interested in that stuff, though I'd also be interested in seeing designs coming from forum members with T-Shirt design experience

We can try to compile a list of Wing Commander clothing.

Promotional
- Wing Commander III T-Shirt (#1): Black. Combined Forces art on the front, Green WC3 art on the back. Included with Premiere & Special Editions of WC3.
- Wing Commander III T-Shirt (#2): White. Included with German Premiere Edition of WC3.
- Wing Commander Movie Long Sleeve Shirt: Black. Nose Art art on the front, "WING COMMANDER" on the sleeve.
- Wing Commander Secret Ops T-Shirt: Black. Secret Ops logo?
- Origin Shirt: Black. Various Origin characters on front, including Hobbes (WC3).

Retail
- Wing Commander III T-Shirt (#1): Black. Box art on the front, Origin's URL on the back. (Zanart)
- Wing Commander III T-Shirt (#2): Black. "Excalibur" art on the front, Origin's URL on the back. (Zanart)
- Wing Commander IV T-Shirt (#1): Black. Box art on the front, Origin's URL on the back. (Zanart)
- Wing Commander IV T-Shirt (#2): Black. "Telamon" art on the front, Origin's URL on the back. (Zanart)

Team
- Wing Commander CCG Baseball Shirt: WCCCG logo on the front, squadron artwork on back.
- Wing Commander Prophecy T-Shirt: Blue. Vampire on the front, Prophecy logo on the back.

(I'm fairly sure that an Academy Team and a WC3 3DO Team shirt exist... and I believe other earlier WC teams got shirts, too. More research is needed!)

Then there's jackets...

- Wing Commander III Jacket (#2): Suede. Interactive Movie patch on the front, Wing Commander III patch on the back. Australian exclusive?
- Wing Commander III Jacket (#2): WC3 patch. Given to WC3 Team members.
- Wing Commander IV Jacket: WC4 patch. Given to WC3 Team members.
- Wing Commander Prophecy Jacket: WCP patch. Given to WCP Team members.
- Privateer 2 Crew Jacket
- Wing Commander Movie Crew Jacket

And, of course, hats...

- Wing Commander Hat (Retail)
- Wing Commander III Hat (Retail)
- Wing Commander IV Hat (Retail)
- Wing Commander Secret Ops Hat (Promotional)
- Wing Commander Movie Hat (Promotional)
- Wing Commander Movie Effects Team Hat (Team)

Back