Wing Commander books

Brizza

Spaceman
Hey. i have been playing wing commander games for as long as there has been computer's in ym house. I think i have beaten them all... but its hard to remember playing wing commander 1 because i was about 7. Love the stuff. My favourite game was Privateer one. Just wondering where i can get these wing commander books from. i live in melbourne, australia.
Thanks
Briz

I live in the same place as you and I can tell you now you won't find them anywhere. I was lucky to find 3 on ebay which I got cheap. Just check any second hand book stores you find, even market stalls and the like. I've picked up many old books that way. Also www.amazon.com has all of the Wing Commander series of books available. Go there and buy what you like. With the Australian dollar as high as it is these days it's the best time for shopping. :cool:

hey i recomend u try a place called dymocls if its near you. I walked in and was surprised to see fleet action, freedom flight and other wc novels in a new book store. and they can order in any book you ask for postage free :)

Hey - sorry a bit late on the reply. I only just joined the forum!

Anyway, yeah, I been on a spending spree at Amazon to get all the Wing Commander books.
So far, I managed to get End Run, Action Stations, Price of Freedom and Freedom Flight.
Still looking out for the other two (what ever they are called).

:)

Wing Commander books are easy to find - quite unlike the unreal picture painted by DyNaMiX. Amazon.com, Half.com, Ebay, bn.com all have WC novels in stock.

Happy reading!

Thanks to all for the suggestions.

DyNaMix is right though.

Over here in the UK, you can't get the books for love nor money.
Its like gold dust over here!
Amazon.co.uk has told me it cancelled one of my items because its out-of-stock.
Ottakers (a UK chain of bookstores) says that it can't find any source in any of its suppliers (and its a big supplier list!)

I could go around and buy it from the States, but theres shipping and stuff I'll have to worry about.

I'd trawl through the second-hand stores, but I'm fussy. I like my books crisp and clean.
Dang...its like there's this collection of books and there's a blank gap just dying to be filled :(

Well, it's been around since 2001, and Baen seems to have a liberal attitude towards e-books (witness the Honor Harrington series, for example)., so yeah, it seems so.

No, it's not legal.

Baen announced that they'd never reprint End Run, though (it's in their FAQ at Baen.com) - so it is, perhaps, moral.

Make your own choice, though. I certainly wouldn't download the pdf without my own copy of End Run.

Percy said:
I'd trawl through the second-hand stores, but I'm fussy. I like my books crisp and clean.
Dang...its like there's this collection of books and there's a blank gap just dying to be filled :(

Try the Sheffield Space Centre.
http://www.space-centre.co.uk/ssc.html

That's where I got all mine from - Could email them and ask if they still have any of them in stock

Second hand bookstores aren't that bad. I got all of mine from a couple here in the States and they all looked new when I got them. Some of those bookstores buy overstock of books that don't sell well from other bookstores so you can actually find new books.

I have them all with the exception of the Price of Freedom, wonder if there is a PDF of that out there somewhere. I got mine as a mixture of Amazon, Ebay and other places. In the UK it is hard to get them but I have been reading them over and over again each night since September last year. I am a saddo I agree. I read slowly though.

climber said:
I have them all with the exception of the Price of Freedom, wonder if there is a PDF of that out there somewhere. I got mine as a mixture of Amazon, Ebay and other places. In the UK it is hard to get them but I have been reading them over and over again each night since September last year. I am a saddo I agree. I read slowly though.

I've got Price of Freedom - got it from Amazon.co.uk!

Yes, I was in a world of my own, whilst I do have the price of freedom (duh, stupid me) it is the illusive Heart of the Tiger I lack from my collection

dextorboot said:
Second hand bookstores aren't that bad. I got all of mine from a couple here in the States and they all looked new when I got them. Some of those bookstores buy overstock of books that don't sell well from other bookstores so you can actually find new books.

Definitely. I bought Action Stations and False Colors from a bookstore in my town for $2 each, both in new condition, as near as I could tell.

Back