Wing Commander Armada sounds request..

BES

Spaceman
Ok I have some Kilrathi ships from Armada,but dont have the game so im asking if someone could get me some weapon sounds, and mybe some pictures of each weapon firing from that game.
Example: Flux Cannons and Phase blasters, I have no idea what they look like or what they sound like but I want it as accurate as possible.

so if someone can get me those it would be much appreciated.

No, it's not really that simple of a request. The vast majority of readers here have never done anything related to extracting audio files or capturing sound in games. It was lucky someone already did this for WC3 for you last time. Armada is not an expensive game, and by 2006, I really would expect more of us to have a more complete Wing Commander collection. It would probably be easier in this case for you to buy the game and do the work yourself.

Well,just to make the thread complete,but not trying to resurrect it,I have WC1,2,3,4,5 Privateer 1and2,never knew Armada existed untile I looked at the ship database,so I would have gotten it when my Ebay account was still active..I canceled it due to hackers and wierd emails etc..

So to me it was a simple request,but for others I guess it wasnt,anyway ive solved it and will just use some cool star trek sound or something for the weapons,and just keep the normal green/blue/white/OJ/red/purp weapon colors.

and on a side note as an admin on a Wing Commander site/forum I figured you would know how to do the file extractions for Wing Commander games as there are a few in the files section..and in a few related sites linked to the files section...

BES said:
So to me it was a simple request,but for others I guess it wasnt,anyway ive solved it and will just use some cool star trek sound or something for the weapons,and just keep the normal green/blue/white/OJ/red/purp weapon colors.

Well, it only takes a few minutes to register an ebay account, and Armada only goes for a few dollars. It's kind of odd we've been begging for a new game for eight years, and yet there's all kinds of people who haven't bothered to pick up all the main ones that were released in the '90s.

BES said:
and on a side note as an admin on a Wing Commander site/forum I figured you would know how to do the file extractions for Wing Commander games as there are a few in the files section..and in a few related sites linked to the files section...

I'm not sure how you made that connection. I didn't personally have anything to do with extracting any of those files here. As it is, after the few hours I put in every day on other aspects of the site, I'm too busy to handle all the requests for things that I do know how to do.

Well since ive already had a bad experience using Ebay,I wont open a new account again..
Emails being sent to my account saying I owe money and ive never seen this person before,or someone sending me emails about one of my producs being bought,wierd emails about my account being hacked..etc.

I wasnt trying to be rude..just I thought you of all people would have ALL the Wing Commander games,but you whine that people dont have Armada but should,as I said I have them all except Armada,and I even got Freelancer and Starlancer(offshoots of Wing Commander).

You know alot about Wing Commander,but mybe u could try to learn how to do file extraction etc,when u have a spare moment to help people out if u happen to have one of the games people request files from instead of being real unhelpfull(except for your vast knowledge of Wing Commander itself of course) to people who are acctually trying to keep the game alive by trying to make MODs for other games...like my Wing Commander MOD project for Bridge Commander.

Again not trying to be rude,If you think I am im sorry,its just my opinion,and would like to continue posting updates to my MOD.

BES said:
Well since ive already had a bad experience using Ebay,I wont open a new account again..
Emails being sent to my account saying I owe money and ive never seen this person before,or someone sending me emails about one of my producs being bought,wierd emails about my account being hacked..etc.
Those are being sent out in bulk to absolutely everyone. Even to people who don't have an account. If you freak out every time you receive a standardized e-mail that tries to trick you into clicking a link to eebayyy.com, you should probably get off the internet.

BES said:
I wasnt trying to be rude..just I thought you of all people would have ALL the Wing Commander games,but you whine that people dont have Armada but should,as I said I have them all except Armada
I'm sure everyone on the staff owns a copy of each PC game. Extracting things from undocumented file formats is by no means simple. It's not something you do in between writing news posts and updating the wallpapers section. The people that make mods are the ones that figure out the obscure technical stuff.

BES said:
and I even got Freelancer and Starlancer(offshoots of Wing Commander).

No they're not.

BES said:
Again not trying to be rude

You're not trying very hard.

BES said:
just I thought you of all people would have ALL the Wing Commander games,but you whine that people dont have Armada but should

This part doesn't even make sense. What does me not being involved in technical file extraction have anything to do with what Wing Commander games I own or tell other people they should own? And yes, if you are trying to do a Wing Commander mod that involves elements from a particular Wing Commander game, you should probably have access to that Wing Commander game.

Back