Wing Commander Armada Cutscenes with Soundfont Chorium

If Mad Hatter did his recording recently, then I very much doubt he used a sound-canvas 55...
It was several years ago, and on second thoughts, the MT-32 sounds more familiar - maybe it was that. At any rate, people really ought to browse the CIC's music collection, if they haven't done so before.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that'd be rad. I have an SC-55, but no recording knowledge.
That's quite easy. You just need a tool like Audacity, choose the Audio source, press the record button and play the MIDIs with your SC-55.
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

It was several years ago, and on second thoughts, the MT-32 sounds more familiar - maybe it was that. At any rate, people really ought to browse the CIC's music collection, if they haven't done so before.

I've played Armada with an MT-32 before and it doesn't sound very good if you ask me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've played Armada with an MT-32 before and it doesn't sound very good if you ask me.

It shouldn't! The MT-32 and SC-55 are completely different types of MIDI (LA MIDI and GS MIDI, respectively.)

Btw a question a little off-topic: How were the MIDIs of the WC-Games, especially WC1 and 2, ripped off?

Honestly, I don't think anyone knows anymore. They've been floating around since the mists of time...

Ripped off? Do you mean extracted? To me, 'rip off' has the connotation of price gouging.

I seem to recall being able to extract the early game MIDIs using the ripper5 program floating around the CIC's files archives. But it's fiddly process and probably involved a bit of hex-editing knowledge too.

Back