I'm sorry, I don't even own an XBox or plan on buying one just for Arena or anything, but it's plain to see that you're being an idiot. Stop being an idiot, it's not a good thing. You've voiced such absolutely moronic complaints such as:Yadda, yadda, yadda.
- "I was hoping to see old fighters, like Hornets or Scimitars!" (Hornets or Scimitars would make you like the game... but Rapiers don't? And you say you're not Trolling? Right.)
- "Why aren't there comm faces? WC games have comm faces!" (Read: "I'm looking for very specific things which have little impact on gameplay to complain about, because I want to conveniently ignore all the actually relevant similarities between Arena and the other WC games")
- "They should have made more different ships instead of variants... but they couldn't get the artists for it!" (Any amateur idiot with half a brain cell - like me - can come up with a hundred little ships in a week. If you don't know what you're talking about, don't talk. I don't ever voice my opinions about quantum physics.)
- "These are the same 3 ships with different stats! This sucks!" which then turns into "Ah, but Privateer let you change the stats of the same 4 ships! That rocked!"
- Shouting "It's an ARCADE game!" doesn't turn the previous dozen Wing Commander games into simulators - get over yourself. If WC4 had multiplayer and showed you the HUD from the Chase View camera, it'd be the same game, except slower paced.
Could Arena be better? Definitely, because any game could be better. I can also think of many things I would like to see in it as well. Would I like to see more ships? Yes. Would I like to see those comm videos? Yes, maybe if I could turn them off if they ever got old. Does the absence of these things automatically make the game suck, or justify any sort of "it's NOT Wing Commander" attitude? No. The gameplay is what counts, and you just barely addressed it. You came in here with a dozen inconsequential nitpicks and tried to pass them as the reason the game is not Wing Commander. Why would you want to convince yourself, or anyone else, that a fun Wing Commander game isn't (or shouldn't be, whatever) Wing Commander?
And then you bitched that people were arguing that the game is fun despite its differences in regards to previous WC games ("How dare you all say that this fun game is Wing Commander and expect that to be taken as anything other than fanboyism! Listen to my unanswered desires, like the absence of Hornets! Clearly, if my Hornets are nowhere to be found, this is just a random game with the Wing Commander brand name slapped to it!"). Seriously, just take a step back and stop being a jerk and see if you can discuss reasons why you don't like the actual game. It's not about convincing people that this is different from previous WC games, because we all know that.