Wing Commander: Affliction legal questions

Winnyfred

Rear Admiral
I can try to send some, my gameflow is very different. It came from a game from Blizzard infact. The game was Starcraft; it suited the gameflow, so I like it. Iceblade, I'll test the missions out for RG

Winnyfred said:
I can try to send some, my gameflow is very different. It came from a game from Blizzard infact. The game was Starcraft; it suited the gameflow, so I like it. Iceblade, I'll test the missions out for RG
Do you mean you took the music straight from the game? I'd bet that's illegal.

No, I didn't. The game was from the 1980's. It's copyright doesn't exsist anymore. Also, I did every step you told me to Iceblade, sad enough, all I can do is listen to it, or pull it up in another window, but, if you right click the links, you can pull up drop down box. When your there somewhere it will say download this (but I have GetRight.)

Also, the opening theme for FC is really supposed to be about 5 seconds long.

Oh, and they will probably get back to Starcraft soon enough (I hope, as this WoW is looking to be another Ultima Online).

Iceblade said:
Oh, and they will probably get back to Starcraft soon enough (I hope, as this WoW is looking to be another Ultima Online).

The copyright of the Starcraft game is one thing. The Starcraft trademark is another. They can keep the later indefinitely.

Winnyfred said:
No, I didn't. The game was from the 1980's. It's copyright doesn't exsist anymore. Also, I did every step you told me to Iceblade, sad enough, all I can do is listen to it, or pull it up in another window, but, if you right click the links, you can pull up drop down box. When your there somewhere it will say download this (but I have GetRight.)
It came out in 1998 and copyrights for games can last up to a century. You should take that out.

Winnyfred said:
Actually, the game is old, Blizzard could care less right now with World of Warcraft out.

Don't count on it. Many fan projects aimed at enhancing the Warcraft/Starcraft experiance have been shut down. Freecraft and that open source version of Battlenet to name two.

So either use their tools or you get the boot. That's lovely.

Thank God EA hasn't been as nasty--esp. since they provide no tools.

(no UE, no Standoff, no Ultima "remakes", I shudder to think)

Please let's stay on topic for this forum, which is Flight Commander, its modding techniques, and mod projects. Legal discussions need to take place in another forum. Moved from FC forum to the fan projects forum.

Back