Wing Commander Academy what do you think of it?

Conrad

Rear Admiral
I've just downloaded the first two episodes of WCA and i've found them quite enjoyable, they are kinda story - lite and the tigers claw just doesn't look right and acting as okay bar the Kilrathis responce to being rammed by an escape pod : "we've............. beeeennn............................................ramed" well anyways what do you guys think of it if you seen it

The first episode of WCA is a bit odd compared to the rest -- the series gets about twice as good about half-way through :)

i wanna know whay the cacelled it, i though it was great, a rather good molding of the first 3 WC games.

It got its season worth of shows -- they just never bought any more <G>

As best we have been told, there were two reasons:

- It didn't get the 'childrens' demograph it wanted. It attracted people in their mid-teens and adults... so despite being the highest rated of USA's Saturday Morning block, it wasn't making money for advertisers.
- USA decided to completely revamp their network in 1997, which included getting rid of their original cartoon block entirely.

It's too bad WCA:TV never made it big. I enjoyed it. I liked how the stories were deep and showed the rigors and strains of war on youth. My favorite episode was the second one :D

I really wish they'd have kept on going with it, though....

I want that DVD made, though :mad:

WC:A certainly was a very interesting show. I did like the plots. I certainly wouldn't pass up the ability to watch another show like this.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF

- It didn't get the 'childrens' demograph it wanted. It attracted people in their mid-teens and adults... so despite being the highest rated of USA's Saturday Morning block, it wasn't making money for advertisers.
Mmmmh... why didn't they just change the ads then, for an older audience?

It certainly would have been cool if they had even switched networks... ya know like going to Cartoon Network putting WC:A on Adult Swim. That would have worked pretty well...

My only prob with it is that the shows weren't long enough for the intense storylines. 20 mins, then it ends...that's it?! WTF!!!

It was meant to be one of the hour long programs, but I guess the executives wouldn't have it that way! It would have been a much better show had it been on a 1hour time slot.

I like WCATV very much, it is far better then I originally thought, even though there are - of course- some things I didn't like.
My favourite one is also episode 2, I just love that "speech" Thrakhath gives Blair at the end ("But you will be left alive...".

Hehe, he should have killed Blair then, he would be ruling Earth by now.

Uh...hello?...does the beginning of WC3 ring a bell? They had us down. Someone would have to be pretty intelligent to do that!

Originally posted by Wulf
Uh...hello?...does the beginning of WC3 ring a bell? They had us down. Someone would have to be pretty intelligent to do that!

Disintegrating the Ghostbusters does not count as "intelligent."

:D

TC: I believe Col.Dom's referring to the beginning of WC3 when Thrak order's Angel's colleagues to be disintegrated. I'm not sure about his point on intelligence though, since its standard operating procedure to execute spies during wartime.

Originally posted by TC
Why don't you at least *try* to make sense...

*sigh* the pilots that get disintegrated by Thrakhath at the beginning of WC3 resemble the Ghostbusters (four guys in coveralls, one of them of African American descent). My friends and I laugh about it all the time. Just thought I'd share the humor :D

Back