Wing Commander Academy TV series

Mikra

Spaceman
Hi, I want to ask if there are some next sequels to wing commander academy tv cartoon or if there are only 13 parts of it hosted on this site....cuz I love this serie...

Many thanks for answers...

Only the 13. Then it was cancelled. Sunday morning was a bad time for tryingto launch new shows - Saturday should've been the only day to try a new series. I know when I was little, my mom forced me to church on Sundays, before I could see more than one Dralthi get blown out of the sky.

Nu

Academy episodes actually premiered on Saturdays -- they reran them on Sundays.

Mark Day said at the time that ratings for the show were very good (compared to the other three USA Network exclusive animated shows, anyway)... but that the second season wasn't produced because the network got out of original childrens programming entirely that following year.

The WCATV production team was just starting to get ideas rolling for Season 2 when USA pulled it's entire cartoon lineup. You know, talk about bad timing - had WCATV gone on a year earlier, we'd have twice as many episodes!

OK, are a lot of the episodes cut off before they end, or did I do something wrong in ripping them to DVD format?

Can't you just check them on your computer? They all continue to the end credits.

The files don't play on my computer, I don't think I have the right plug-in or something. No matter. I must have just messed up when I edited them a little to take the credits out so I wouldn't have to skip over them. My own fault. I'll re-do them at some point.

Get DivX from DivX.com, and Xvid from afterdawn.com - those are the only two CODEC's you will need to watch almost any video you ever download. Also get FFDShow from afterdawn.com. It's a filter for both, and required by SOME files you'll find out there on the web.

Don't tell me it's too much work, either - apart from DivX, you're looking at like 900K worth of downloads - and two installers to DOUBLE CLICK and click "next." If you've got time to convert AVI to DVD, you've got time to run two files. ;) :)

Trust me, it'll be worth it.

NuAngel

The files are all fine, I played them with no problems, even the sound is good too, if you have some problems with codecs, try AllInOne codec, works fine with me...

Mikra said:
The files are all fine, I played them with no problems, even the sound is good too, if you have some problems with codecs, try AllInOne codec, works fine with me...

As far as I gather though he's not having trouble with the CIC's files. He's having trouble with whatever format his PC saved them in *after* he re-edited them. In which case he should just start again I think. I know that on my PC I get goofy results with divx if I do anything more than one pass encoding ( though I can still put it on insane quality mode).

Beckmen said:
The files don't play on my computer, I don't think I have the right plug-in or something. No matter. I must have just messed up when I edited them a little to take the credits out so I wouldn't have to skip over them. My own fault. I'll re-do them at some point.

The way that's worded, to me, just says that he can't play the .avi files, so he used some other program to go straight to DVD with them. Which, much like trying to play them in any other multimedia program (Windows Media Player, WinAMP, etc...), won't work too well when converting to DVD, without the proper CODEC.

Though, AD, you may be right - these may be the 'resulting' files from the conversion process.

NuAngel

I used VSO DivxtoDVD to convert them to DVD and DVD Shrink to remove frames (thus cutting out the credits) and burned them onto DVDs compliant with most DVD players. Because I cannot stand watching stuff on my computer.

Back