Wing Commander Academy DVD order?

Those prices seem more than fair, you'll hear no complaints from me.

Would you be interested in working with us to get some supplementary materials put on the DVD? I'm sure I have some items that can be included (a few commercials, the WCA press kit and such...). I've got the 'crossover' episodes of Savage Dragon, Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter (at the very least, the Warrior King 'intro' that aired before Street Fighter would be a great thing to include).

I could probably also generate subtitles from the original closed captioning tracks on the tapes, if that'd be something include-able.

Heck, we could go all out and try and do something with commentaries... I'm betting we could record maybe Adam or someone talking about an episode (or two, or thirteen!).

Yeah, we've been thinking about making commentary tracks and some bonuses for a project like this eventually. It seems you've beat us to an actual product, which is really great. If you'd like to talk about adding some stuff to the DVDs, we might be able to come up with a better product together and promote the service a bit more widely. Any thought to using LOAF's origin source material instead of our "high res" divxes?

Sure!

I'm all for adding extras, and would be more than willing to work with you guys on it!

:-D

Let's discuss this further. I actually toyed around with subtitles when I first ran the movie through Quicktime: VERY easy to do! If I were provided with a script, I could add-in subtitles easily over a day or two.

As far as bonus tracks go, a few of the DVD's only have about 64 of 90 minutes, PERFECT for another episode or a few bonus tracks.

Commentary.. I'm not sure of, though I feel could be easily done, as well.

Once again, I'm all about this. Let's pool our thoughts and resources and come up with something great!!

*btw, DVD 4 is done and in FLAWLESS shape*

What exactly would the commentaries have? I want to think that they would be info about the WC universe, other than that, I have no idea.

It's really too bad you don't have DVD Studio Pro on your computer, Commissar. It's very simple to add in multiple tracks of audio and subtitles, something I'm not sure how to do with iDVD. Although it's not as "drag and drop and you're done" as iDVD, it has some great features. I'm not exactly sure how it costs, but you may want to check it out if you're going to do a lot of DVD authoring.

I would love to, but...

DVD Studio Pro = $399.99

:-(

Quicktime can handle different audio tracks and subtitles rather well. And since iDVD allows users to insert Quicktime files into their project... well, a lot of the work is done for you!!

I would love to throw down for DVD Studio Pro, but alas, the iMac I'm using cost enough as it is. If you have access to it, though, maybe you could help us if we decide to go forward with the DVD project :-D

As it stands, though, all 4 DVD's have been completed and tested, working perfectly every time. At least *that* much is behind me ^_^

Hopefully, the commentaries would relate to the animators and the challenges they faced with creating their cerialized world. It would be entertaining, for sure!

Commissar said:
DVD Studio Pro = $399.99
Gah.

What version of QuickTime are you using? I used to fool around with it back when it was 3/4.0, in my aspiring editing days. Glad things have evolved since then...

And yeah, I have access to a whole computer lab equipped with G4s with DVD Studio Pro and DVD-R burners. If you ever need any help, I wouldn't mind a side project to contribute to the WC community.

I'm using...

Quicktime Pro, version 6.5.1. Good stuff, and at $30, totally affordable and WELL worth the money :-D

how do you get the .avi's to play on your iMac? I have one as well and run just normal QT(not pro) under 10.3...

You just...

Either go Quicktime Pro ($30) or download a free program, VLC. Either one will do the job.. though VLC is free and seems to play many more files that Quicktime.

If you want to work on stuff, it's a lot easier over irc. There's usually most of the staff on in the late mornings or late nights.

Commissar

I don't see your e-mail address. Perhaps I'm not looking hard enough. When the set is finished and ready, I'd like to order one.

*sigh*

I'm not exactly sure why I can't set my account to allow users to send me e-mails. I've been working with it, but eh, no dice.

I hope I'm not breaking any rules by posting it here:
matchstick@fastermac.net

Drop me a line there any time you wish :)

I think that you guys putting the academy episodes onto DVD is great. My little laptop has a poor internet connection and I cannot sit here and download all the episodes as it would probably explode. Is anyone out there looking to be able to send these DVD's to the UK?? I don't mind watching them on my pooter. I just want to see them very much.

*yes*

Yes, climber, I can ship them to you in the UK. I've had some very good experiences with Royal Mail over the years, and the USPS does a good job of getting packages delivered on time, as well.

Would you like your DVD's PAL encoded, too? It wouldn't be too much trouble to do so :)

Send me an e-mail; we can work something out then :-D

:)

I'll ship anywhere in the world. I've been an ebay user for almost 3 years now, and that's helped me feel comfortable about shipping packages afar.

Hope that sets the record straight :)

Back