Wing Commander 7?

Every game I've played, the minimum specs are for just getting the game to run. It realy boils down to how competent the programmers are, and whether their developers let them have a big QA department, or if they have to use the public as beta testers.

Console developers generaly can't patch a game post release, and if they did release buggy code, no one would buy their products. Unlike the PC, where for some odd reason people find bugs acceptable (Windows 95, ME, anyone?). Fact is console products are of generaly higher quality than PC products.

However, that doesn't mean I'll ever buy one. I can't very well post online, write up reports, make amatuer level 3D models, host an FTP on odd occasion, or manage a craptastic website. A PC may cost more in the end, but I get more bang for my buck. And hey, I can get a GeForce 4 Ti or 512MB PC3200 chip for 1/2 the MSRP of an XBox.

Originally posted by t.c.cgi

Console developers generaly can't patch a game post release, and if they did release buggy code, no one would buy their products. Unlike the PC, where for some odd reason people find bugs acceptable (Windows 95, ME, anyone?). Fact is console products are of generaly higher quality than PC products.

Of course doing console is easier.
You will note that most patches on the PC do not address actual bugs in the games, but they address hardware problems (ok, some corps do have a bad reputation of releasing half baked software as well). Well if you only got one defined hardware that makes your life a LOOOOOOOOOOT easier.

Heylo...I've lurked here for a while....;)

Anyways....I first got (ahem...note the "got") WC1 for the PC but never had a PC powerful enough to PLAY it.

Later got it on CD IIRC.

First got to actually PLAY WC 1 on the SNES, as well as the first special missions pack for it on the SNES.

Next played WC II on the PC but have never really been able to play it more the first couple missions...I'm so used to having full throttle control and jazz like that.

Got WC3 on computer and played through a good deal of it, though don't think I ever finished it.

Got WC 3 and WC 4 on PSX and played them both through.

I have all of the Armada's and Privateers and Academy "mini-games" too for PC. Was underimpressed with them.

Recently got WCP and loved it.

Even more recently got WCPGold over Ebay. Though the dude who sold it didn't bother to say that his version of Gold didn't have the fourth disk that had SO on it. At the time I didn't KNOW that SO was on a seperate disk so I thought when he mentioned 3 disks that SO was just on the third disk or something like that. Trust me...that pissed me off.

Anyways...I found a site on the web that still has the full download with speech and everything...talk about lucky.

Anyways...having played on both consoles and PC...which do I think is better for playing?

That depends on what you want in a game.

Do you want to sit down and have some just playing through the game they've given you? If so...consoles are a whole HECK of a lot easier and tend to (in my experience) be more fun.

Do you want to be able to mod the game and/or use other peoples' mods? Do you like seeing What If things in your games? If so...PCs rule by a long shot.

Which sells more stuff? Which is more visible? Consoles. Plus it is easier to program for a console. Personally.....I think it would be best for the next WC game to end up on a console to begin with.

And then be ported over to PC...or perhaps to be made for both at the same time or something like that. I would very possibly get both. Of course, that would depend on what you had in the game. If for instance they had four player splitscreen play on the console version.....I would most DEFINATELY get it there...no questions asked....it would be done.

If it is the computer game on console....I prolly wouldn't bother since I like to get mods and stuff.

Originally posted by Medron Pryde

I have all of the Armada's and Privateers and Academy "mini-games" too for PC. Was underimpressed with them.

That is the saddest thing ever...mini-games

Originally posted by Ghost
That is the saddest thing ever...mini-games

I dont get it......what do you mean "mini games" ??

Armada,Academy,Privateer are normall games:confused:

Yes,I know, just didnt understand what he meant.....I should quote him Ghost,Im sorry

he seems to think that Privateer is a ¨mini game¨

To me, Privateer is in my TOP 3 list of games

Privateer is a state of the art Classic game.I still believe that it is in the shadow of Elite,but its much much better than Elite.
Also,in every point of view,Privateer is a hugeeee game....:p

Oh, and Ghost what are the other 2 ?

Ok...Privateer is a good game....

Armada and Academy seem like WC-Lite to me though.....just not much fun....regenerating afterburners kinda stank...

I think Privateer had the same combat model...but I'm seriously thinking about going back and playing that game again....:)

But the think with Armada is that you also control fleets. So it's quite a bit different than other WC games. Academy is abit dull but, then it's just a flight sim

Originally posted by TopGun
If he think Privateer is a "Mini-game" what does he class as a "full-game"?

.................I dont believe you have actually played it and you call it a "Minigame"....:(

Originally posted by Starkey
Where I live mini-games are those pre-gameboy portable electronic games.

I used to collect those things, and then eventually, they all broke. My favorite one was the Rocketeer portable game!

Back