Wing Commander 7?

I seriously have no idea weather there will even BE a new wing comm. game, but all we can do is keep hoping and keep the harrasment up. :D
In the mean time, why dont you play some fan-made things like Unknown Enemy (Secret Ops) and Wing Commander: Fleet Action (a MOD for Homeworld).

Well, there are a few projects in the works. Anyway, if you really want to see a new game, the best thing to do is to make sure that Prophecy for the GBA sells well. Once they see that there's money to be made, we'll get what we want.

Originally posted by Preacher
Um, I assume Secret Ops is WC6, then, verdad?...

Yes

Well, there are a few projects in the works. Anyway, if you really want to see a new game, the best thing to do is to make sure that Prophecy for the GBA sells well. Once they see that there's money to be made, we'll get what we want.

I doubt that the sales of Prophecy on the GBA will have a huge impact on future PC titles, although it may have an impact on later console games if rights could be licensed.

Originally posted by TC
I doubt that the sales of Prophecy on the GBA will have a huge impact on future PC titles, although it may have an impact on later console games if rights could be licensed.

Who said that a new Wing Commander game would necessarily be for computers?

i think it would be pretty cool for a new WC game on PS2 or Xbox... using animation instead of live actors... i can picture it looking like Final Fantasy X.... that type of graphics... you could still have different options and so on... maybe they could use Casey again like in WCP... well i guess we will just have to see how well it sells on GBA first....

Originally posted by TC

I doubt that the sales of Prophecy on the GBA will have a huge impact on
future PC titles, although it may have an impact on later console games if rights could be licensed.

TC, I think you did...

If I were to believe that a future wing commander game would necessarily be on the computer, I wouldn't go on to mention consoles :) Silly Meson.

well actually at this point I think the GBA is the #1 best selling console out there and there've allmost been more sold units then ps2 alltogether (and way more then cube and xbox) combine that with the extreme low development cost of gba titles and you have loads and loads of profit money (considering the game sells well) so it could definately influence origin's mind about future wing commander titles.

Originally posted by sp3c
it could definately influence origin's mind about future wing commander titles.

EA doesn't care about the game, and hasn't been involved with it beyond licencing the name...

If you're truly surprised at a new GBA WC game, just wait till they bring back the PC stuff.

Um, I assume Secret Ops is WC6, then, verdad?...

I always looked at Secret Ops as being WC 5 and a half, please no Naked Gun jokes.;)
It really didn't advance the story as much as it could have. It just seemed more of the same, though it was nice to see civilian craft in the game and it was fun.

Originally posted by Shaggy
I always looked at Secret Ops as being WC 5 and a half, please no Naked Gun jokes.;)
It really didn't advance the story as much as it could have. It just seemed more of the same, though it was nice to see civilian craft in the game and it was fun.

"As it could have" is pretty debateable. For being a free download, it advanced the story quite a lot. And as a game, the amount of content in its story surpassed, say, WC1.

Back