wing commander 4 sound issues

C

Cyrus20

My movies are quiet as hell, i have to turn up the sound all the way which then makes it so the normal game is blowing everyone's ears out. any chance at a solution here?

If it is the DVD version:

If you are using AC3 Filters:

Click AC3 Filter Config (it should be in Start - All Programs - Ac3 Filter), set "Gain" to higher level. That should help..

Also if you hear background sounds louder than voices in the movies, you can change it in ac3 filter configuration too.

You can adjust some of the sounds within the game. You could try lowering the in-game sounds. Go to the settings at the terminal on the lexington and try turning down the volume. That way, hopefully when you turn up the volume on the movies you don't need to turn it down as much. I've had this issue myself on past machines...

I've tried lowering the volume in the game and disabled the ambiance volume but still same result with the voice although some of the other sounds i.e footstep & Vagabond cards flick can be heard clearly.

I've tried lowering the volume in the game and disabled the ambiance volume but still same result with the voice although some of the other sounds i.e footstep & Vagabond cards flick can be heard clearly.
Just a thought... Technically wc4 doesn't have a center Channel. Even though it is dolby digital with a surround channel It is basically still just a stereo mix across the front channels. Whatever your machine is doing to the mix may be trying toprocess a center and failing... Try adjusting the actual mix settings in ac3 filter.

I've tried lowering the sound from the game terminal and adjusting the AC3 mixer but same result (low voice of the people talking during the movie). is there anything i should do with the matrix table in the mixer? or should i increase the audio quality of vob file & replace them with the improved quality vob files?

Back