Wing Commander 4 movie branches....

Zor Prime

That guy.
I have a question.

In Wing Commander 4, when you have to destroy the lexington so that the intrepid can escape, you have two ways of doing this.

one: destroy the lexington.
two: leech the lexington w/ a bunch of leech missles.

depending on which you do, you will get a slightly different cutscene after that mission.

If you destroy the lexington, the hulk of the now destroyed lexington floats in the background as paulsens shuttle flys by.

But, if you disable it, The lexington can be seen intact with the engine intakes flashing like they're crippled as paulsens shuttle flys by.

Has anyone else ever noticed this? And, are there any other spots like that in the game, where you can get two slightly different movies depending on what you do?

I've seen that. I dont know is that anyother than PSX version of WC4, but after I noticed that Lex can be leeched I didn't destroyed it anymore. Killing "helpless" people just don't fit me.

Yes, this subtle change has been mentioned before. But it IS quite cool, so a little refresher for those of us that knew about it, and something to look for for those that didn't know, is not at all a bad thing.

WOW!! The Price of Freedom surprises me everyday since I'm here...

I didn't even know about that "Blair admiral" ending... :)

I don't want to turn on my brain just yet, but of the top of my head...

When you fly down to planet FT957 in Telamon, you'll get a different movie depending on weather you fly the Dragon/Lance, or the Vindicator (the mission will be slightly different as well), and if you choose to rescue Catscratch, you'll see a cutscene where he apologizes for his behavior. If you don't rescue him... than he'll be dead...:)

And yes, a lot of people knew that you could disable the Lex, that is the official choice actually.

Blair admiral ending? Do you get that if you save Catscratch? I've never saved him... whether or not I go after him. He always plows into another fighter in the name of Sosa. I can't remember how many endings I've seen or not seen... but one ended with Blair getting executed. I don't know how many of the endings involve Tolwyn's hanging himself like a coward.

The other ending I can remember right now is Blair being a flight instructor or something... and he takes a Banshee out for a little joyride. I've never gotten the admiral ending.

No, you don't have to save Catscratch to get that ending...

And if you want to save him, make sure you're in a ship that has a tractor beam, and destroy the Confed Longbow before it can reach him.

Yeah the first time you see the "Blair admiral" cutscene instead of the flight instructor is a real shocker.

While it's not so much a cutscene, I find the different comms interesting. Such as who your wingman is for certian missions. ex: The catscratch mission, affirmative or negative, there's dekker, maniac & hawk variations to it. Any others variations to that one?

[Edited by Dekkar on 02-28-2001 at 19:28]

EW you are incorrect, if your ship does not have a tractor beam, a Avenger will come and tractor him in, same thing will happen on the first Peleus mission.

Bandit (or someone else), do you know all the possible variations you can get during the Price of Freedom (e.g. the 4 endings, different movie scenes DURING the game)...
Can you make a list?

Oh, and Saturnyne, to get the "Blair admiral" ending, you have to, two out of three:

1)defect later
2)choose Speradon over Circe (Panther vs. Hawk)
3)choose to use Flashpak even if that means some civies'll get killed (Panther vs. Hawk again)

i.e. Hawk's morale at the end of the game must be higher than Panther's...

[Edited by mpanty on 02-28-2001 at 22:17]

Let me see now.....
O.K.
1) Screw up in one of ConFed critical missions (space lab, recue hostage) and you will be desmissed by Tolwyn and go back to that bar.
2)Stay aboard the Lexington (dont defect), you will talk with Paulsen, fly with seether in longbows, see sheether kill a BW pilot.(you will lose the "vagadond" death mission that way)
3)Leeach the Lexington.(a little diferent movie, the lexington will be intact)
4)Help the bum or not will afect what he will say to you when you capture him on Peleus.
5)Tolwyn will be released by Maniac if you dont let him go.
6)Speardon/Circe choise.
7)save Catsrath or not.(sosa will like you or not)
8)Flash Ella base(movie changes depending if you did flash it or not)
9)Several diferent thing if you chose diferent dialoges(a diferent movie for each reply).
10)The 2 endings, Blair as a fight instrutor in BW or a admiral in ConFed.
11)Ejection in the last missions will get you being pick up by a Concordia class Carrier, the execution and the Tolwyn attack movie.

Did I miss anything?

Originally posted by mpanty
Oh, and Saturnyne, to get the "Blair admiral" ending, you have to, two out of three:

1)defect later
2)choose Speradon over Circe (Panther vs. Hawk)
3)choose to use Flashpak even if that means some civies'll get killed (Panther vs. Hawk again)

i.e. Hawk's morale at the end of the game must be higher than Panther's...
You are correct in that Panther and Hawk's morale at the end determines which winning endgame you get. Also, you are correct that 2 and 3 above are vital. However, when you defect (1 above) has no bearing on the morale of Hawk and Panther, and therefore has no effect on the outcome. The third important decision is during a conversation on the Intrepid regarding whether they've heard from Eisen yet. It occurs before the last mission in either Circe or Speradon (whichever you chose). "There's always hope..." raises Panther's morale and lowers Hawk's; conversely, "We die trying..." does the opposite.

These three choices are the most important because they directly affect BOTH Panther's and Hawk's morale (raise one and lower the other). However, they alone do not determine the end. The totals of Panther's and Hawk's morale throughout the game -- every decision which impacts them -- decide the ending.

I'm not really sure why everyone talks about lots and lots of WCIV endings -- there's only two winning endings, the admiral ending and the flight instructor ending. There are lots of ways to lose, including being sent back to the farm and being shot by a firing squad.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
There are lots of ways to lose, including being sent back to the farm and being shot by a firing squad.

You're sent back to the farm, but you don't actually get to see it, do you? You just see Blair hanging out in that bar on Nephele, demoralised as hell...

God!! I even remember that just before that, Blair and Tolwyn meet, and at the end Blair offers Tolwyn to shake his hand and that bastard says "That is all..." :mad::mad:

I never got sent back to the farm :)

In a way thats good, I didn't stuff up too badly, but I want to see the ending...I just don't have the time to play it out again!

It's not too hard Redwolf...

All you have to do is eject a couple of times in the early beginning of the game...
If your fighter's not damaged at all, you'll be in Tolwyn's office in NO TIME!

Back