Wing commander 2 or deluxe edition? Need advice

Mindcrime

Commodore
hey all. I'm gonna purchase WC2 soon here. But I don't know the difference in packaging between the original release and and deluxe edition. I'm only buying as a collector since i play the gog version. Which one should i get?

I think original big box version is rarer, but I could be wrong.

The deluxe edition I bought as a kid, albeit secondhand, was just a CD case.

EDIT: Seems I'm wrong, there's a full big box WC2 deluxe also. If I were you I'd get whatever you can find as both will be scarce by now.

I found both. So does that mean every deluxe edition comes with all the paperwork as the original? Thanks for thr help btw.

I honestly don't know the answer to that, but I'm sure LOAF will :) but as for having found both, if you can afford them - I'd grab them while you can.

The titles are becoming more and more difficult to find.

The deluxe edition has the same box contents, if I remember correctly, in addition to having the Special Operations reference card.

The original version of Wing Commander II had the play guide and the Joan's Fighting Ships as separate manuals. The deluxe version bundled them together in a more standard Origin-style booklet and included an excerpt from Freedom Flight. If I had to pick a favorite, I guess I would have to go with the original release. Having the Joan's update as a 'real' artifact rather than printed in a book made it feel like it had a bit more weight.

Thanks loaf. The hunt for the original wc2 begins my friend! You still owe me a wc4 poster man :p
Jk man. Hope ur doing well!

Lol. Now that I know I want the original WC2 box the only one i can find is $120 of course. The deluxe editions are all over the place and i can get it for around $20. Decisions decisions.....

Back