Wing Commander 2 Capital Ships

Paragon

Spaceman
I was wondering where I could find some pictures of:

1. Waterloo-class Cruiser
2. Wake Island-class Carrier
3. Jutland-class Carrier

If anyone could point me in the right direction or post them here, that would be great...

(P.S. - I've looked at Fleet Tactics but the site has been known for "inaccuracies".)

There's essentially two pictures of the Waterloo-class. The in-game sprite:

wc2waterloo4.gif

And then the 'splash' setting picture the game would display of the ship before a scene set onboard the Gettysburg or the Centurion:

waterloo1.png

There may be a second pre-rendered shot, of the TCS Agincourt from a different angle.

The CVEs, which don't ever get an actual class name, appear on the cover of End Run:

endrun.jpg

The "Jutland class carrier" doesn't appear anywhere in Wing Commander. There's no TCS Jutland anywhere in the continuity at all. What sites like Fleet Tactics refer to is the TCS Trafalgar, the 'CVA attack carrier' referenced very briefly in End Run. It's just a brief sentence or two that mentions that they exist - so there's no picture.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, LOAF. On a side note, is there any information on the Concordia-class Fleet Carrier "TCS Freedom"?

Paragon said:
Thanks, LOAF. On a side note, is there any information on the Concordia-class Fleet Carrier "TCS Freedom"?

The only places I've seen that is in Aces fanfic or what have you. I honestly don't recall it in WC lore, in any games or manuals.

The TCS Freedom was a capital ship destroyed by Grikath during the Tesla Campaign (referenced in the Wing Commander Academy manual). The idea that she's a Concordia-class carrier is fan conjecture.

Back