Wing Commander 2-3 scoreboard transfer.

LarkInFlight

Rear Admiral
Hi,

As I'm now moving on to Wing Commander 3 I was wandering if there is any way to transfer my scoreboard (kills/missions) from Wing 2 Special Operations 2 to Wing 3? Is there any trainer to increase my kill score in Wing 3? I've got almost 1000 kills and since I play all the Wing Commanders one after another I'd like to keep my scoreboard updated if possible. :)

I know of no way to transfer the kill score. Your best bet would be to snap screenshots of your final kill scores and add them up. Other than that I think you are SOL.

Actually, there is a way to transfer kills over. Your best bet is to get a hex editor. If you know your binary well, you should be able to find the kill area after a few missions. Just hex edit it, and you can transfer your score over. If you really want, I can find the hex address for you...

If you really want, I can find the hex address for you...

That would be great! Could you also tell me how to do that? I'm not very good at hex editing. I really appreciate your help DaveO. It could also help some other folks who want to transfer scoreboards between wings. I hope there will be other players replaying the entire saga..

(I use very neat editor for Wing Commander 1 and Secret missions. You can add the pewter planet which you don't see when you start Secret missions after Vega, it also fixes the "random death of your wingman's" bug. I'm quite sure it was made by Wedge - thanks!)

Yeah, a save game editor would definitely be a lot safer. Hex editing carries a risk of mucking up the file and/or the game.

Try the editor first. Hex editing is quite fickle, so if the editor fails let me know. You can do the editing for WC3-WC5 for kills but I'd much rather players try official means first. And hex editing could be a forbidden topic here, so I'm trying to avoid that road if I can.

I'm innocent of any Standoff scoreboard meddling. I think I've played thru Episodes 1-2 at least but have not had much time to continue onwards. Just for that little taunt, I'm going to post the hex stuff when I have the chance. You only have yourself to blame. :p

My curiosity is leading to a quarrel.. :(

DaveO, say something like: "I'll be good, I promise" (it worked with Confeds maybe it'll work with our community too :D )

- :D sorry, I currently play Privateer, don't mind me :D -

This will be my one-time excursion to the 'dark side' with the exception of my planned play-thru of WC4. I won't post the hex details here, and am keeping the innards stuff off the public forums to prevent abuse. That should hopefully mollify things a bit.

Back to the topic, it's a somewhat amusing that Blair gets to keep his score after some 10 years flying a desk, but loses everything when he boards the Victory some time later (from purely the perspective of the game).

Back