Wing Commander 1 Vektor Logo

elend

Rear Admiral
Hi mates.

I always liked that Wing Commander 1 Logo, which they used ingame. I finally wanted to have a decent version of it, so I decided to vectorize it. In the CIC Wallpaper section I found a Wallpaper with nothing but the WC1 Logo, which helped me a lot. So my work is based on that. It's in vektor format, which means you can resize it nearly endlessly without any quality loss. Great for prints like Posters or for big Wallpapers as well. I may do some in the future, If I find some time and feel inspired.

Well, it looks like this:
WC1_Logo_Ingame.jpg

And an archive with lots of different file formats (.ai, .cdr, .eps, etc.) is here, in case you may want to have it (and hopefully do some great Art yourself with it!) as well: www.andersdenkend.com/zwischenraum/WC1_Logo_Ingame.rar I had to .rar it, since the .tif Bitmap version is 68 MB uncompressed. I included two Bitmap versions (.tif and .jpg) for everyone who does not have vektor illustration programs.

Now I really want to vektorize the Box Art version of the logo as well, which looks a bit more... "mature" and not as candy coloured as the one they used ingame. :p

Yay, I like vector graphics. Is the PostScript file your source? I'd like to see the image in SVG, if that's possible. But if not, that's okay.

Neat. It looks good.

Now I really want to vektorize the Box Art version of the logo as well, which looks a bit more... "mature" and not as candy coloured as the one they used ingame. :p

I was going to ask if there any way to get it less blue and more silver looking like the actual box art logo, but it looks like you had that thought already!

I'll try to play around with some options later and try to export a more compatible file. It should be possible to export it to .svg I guess. I didn't use anything fancy in this logo.

Hey Wedge,

I tried to export that Logo again with different options, but it doesn't work. The color gradients are always messed up. The only possbility we still have is to export a .svg from an other programm instead of Corel Draw. Maybe Corel messes the file up. Sorry!

@Wedge: Unfortunately no .svg for you! :eek:

I'd say it's approx. 95 % true to the original Logo artwork. There are some things a tiny bit different, but well...

And now, go make a wallpaper with it. :D

Back