Wing Loader (KS/WCDX) Loader & Voice Over Mod

I don't recall any issues with pilots disappearing in WC2 (although Spirit's status does change during the course of WC2). I do recall a pilot mysteriously vanishing in the transfer from WC1 to SM1 (most commonly Knight, I think) - in later years I would use a save game editor to revert that. I don't recall any scripted changes to the pilot roster until SM2.

hello, i hope my english is good enough. Big Gratulation for your work over the years. My Problem is the 267. i have the Wing Leader 2 times download and installiert. i have the problem again. :-( can i help a member of here?

This Problem is only by WC1 not by the SM

hello, i hope my english is good enough. Big Gratulation for your work over the years. My Problem is the 267. i have the Wing Leader 2 times download and installiert. i have the problem again. :-( can i help a member of here?

This Problem is only by WC1 not by the SM
267 means invalid folder name. It's an old game before spaces were used. Can you message me a screenshot of the error message from the debug console. it should show your folder location, I might be able to help you figure it out.

Yes, this is not a problem.

Attachments

• Bild_2023-04-17_040519815.png
    Bild_2023-04-17_040519815.png
    58.9 KB · Views: 27
Yes, this is not a problem.
Interesting.
1) you don't need the first WingLoader Folder. The less folders you have the better.

F:\WingLoader\Games\Wing1 is all you need.

2) You might want to put WingLoader on your C: drive. Sometimes the game messes up because it needs to access the Appdata folder for save files and doesn't account for drive letters then spits out 267 because Appdata is missing.

I find if you run Secret Missions 1 first then run WC1 without closing Wing Loader will make it work as well.

Let me know if either of these help.

Interesting.
1) you don't need the first WingLoader Folder. The less folders you have the better.

F:\WingLoader\Games\Wing1 is all you need.

2) You might want to put WingLoader on your C: drive. Sometimes the game messes up because it needs to access the Appdata folder for save files and doesn't account for drive letters then spits out 267 because Appdata is missing.

I find if you run Secret Missions 1 first then run WC1 without closing Wing Loader will make it work as well.

Let me know if either of these help.

I have copy all Files on C:
267 again
I have first startet SM1 and WC1 again, without close the Wing Commander Loader
267 again

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-04-17 the 2. Pic.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-17 the 2. Pic.png
    59.7 KB · Views: 18
I have copy all Files on C:
267 again
I have first startet SM1 and WC1 again, without close the Wing Commander Loader
267 again
I would also not put it on your desktop. I just moved my WingLoader folder there and got intermittent 267 errors. It cannot be somewhere that Windows has system or user files. For security reasons, Microsoft has higher security and running programs inside of others it not easy to get around.

Try C:\Game\Wingloader instead.

As I recall the Pilot transfer program had a bug where Spirit would die in a mission in WC2. Was this ever fixed?

I don't believe Spirit can "die" in WC2 because her ultimate death is scripted. She can show up KIA in The Secret Missions due to an overflow bug, which you can correct with the WCSAV pilot editor, I believe.

I would also not put it on your desktop. I just moved my WingLoader folder there and got intermittent 267 errors. It cannot be somewhere that Windows has system or user files. For security reasons, Microsoft has higher security and running programs inside of others it not easy to get around.

Try C:\Game\Wingloader instead.
yeah, this was the problem. thank you very much. it is running........ 🙃

I don't believe Spirit can "die" in WC2 because her ultimate death is scripted. She can show up KIA in The Secret Missions due to an overflow bug, which you can correct with the WCSAV pilot editor, I believe.
That's what it was. It was a transfer to SM not WC2. I know you can fix it with the pilot editor but can we fix the overflow bug?

That's what it was. It was a transfer to SM not WC2. I know you can fix it with the pilot editor but can we fix the overflow bug?
I remember getting this bug before in the early 2000's with the DOS version. I haven't encountered it in the Kilrathi Saga version before. I'm in WC1.5 in the final missions now. Hopefully Spirit will be with me in SM2. 🤞

Happy Easter Everyone.

I've just completed a run of Wing Commander using Wing Loader and fixed any issues I encountered. I also added a little bit of a present in the form of including the Pilot Transfer program, Wing Commander 3 (Kilrathi Saga) support and in-flight coms in all the Secret Missions! That last on is very early testing phase.

Check out the new update in the post below and Happy Easter Wing Nuts!

https://www.wcnews.com/chatzone/thr...-wcdx-loader-voice-over-mod.30387/post-415220
forgot to mention, finished the game over Easter weekend myself. did a quick in and out run on the last missions taking out the starbase, Hunter got lost but he was back with the mission briefing, thanks again Destro ! when I have time I'll look at the Secret Missions.

forgot to mention, finished the game over Easter weekend myself. did a quick in and out run on the last missions taking out the starbase, Hunter got lost but he was back with the mission briefing, thanks again Destro ! when I have time I'll look at the Secret Missions.
Nice! Glad your having fun with it. I already know what my next big task will be. Stay tuned..... Hopefully won't be 3 years this time. 😋

@Destro - I had a thought. You pulled the audio from the Sega CD for Wing Commander 1. If the community got together to record lines, would it be possible to add voice calls in for SM1/SM2 and WC2?
@Sylvester - It is very possible. In fact, I was planning on doing Super Wing Commander which has audio for SM1 & SM1.5... That way, I have the scripting done for those games and then re-record all the voices and all I would just need to point to new audio files. Only problem is that the audio in SWC is awful and doesn't sound good at all, but I still might do it as a base line for custom voice overs. :)

Back