wing 1 and 2 options

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not insult anybody.
You take all like an insult.
I did make my point already

"the Kilrathi race base idea is not elaborated enough, because they are terrestrial animals with Human attributes"

And we've pointed out exactly why you're wrong -- several times now. The Kilrathi are very well "elaborated".

Look at the Office of Tactical Intelligence Kilrathi Tactics article in the Confederation Handbook, or the oft-copied Psychoantropological Profile of the Kilrathi in Victory Streak! Look at the half a dozen novels that feature three dimensional Kilrathi characters and a bright portrait of how their civilization works. Or the animated series that deals with them... or the later games that have Kilrathi characters and political intrigue.

You're someone who *isn't* familiar with these things who's showing up and calling what everyone else here is an expert on childish. What's more, you don't even understand the allegorical and referential aspects of the Kilrathi that we've discussed right here in front of you. That's insulting and stupid.

And any way it goes, it doesn't matter what sci-fi aliens look like, just as long as they're SOMEHOW different than humans. It's not very good sci-fi if the aliens you're fighting look 100% human now, do they? (Yes, I realize that the original Trek Klingons looked the same basically, with the only differences being swarthy face makeup and Lucifer-type mustaches...but they at least weren't completely similar to Kirk and company, either).

Methinks Prophecy would be more your bag if alien makeup is the sole bugger to you here. The Nephilum, as I recall, were created by the same guy that created the Aliens (yes, from the Alien series) and have some decently scary designs to their ships, which are largely insectlike...like the Nephilum themselves.

Methinks Prophecy would be more your bag if alien makeup is the sole bugger to you here. The Nephilum, as I recall, were created by the same guy that created the Aliens (yes, from the Alien series) and have some decently scary designs to their ships, which are largely insectlike...like the Nephilum themselves.

The Nephilim were (visually) created by Syd Mead. He didn't design the Xenomorphs (the Alien aliens) themselves, but he did do some design on 'Aliens' (the marine troopship was his design, IIRC). He's done design work for a lot of other famous movies, though,l including Blade Runner, Star Trek TMP, 2010 and Tron.

(H.R. Giger is the artist you're thinking of.)

The Nephilim were (visually) created by Syd Mead. He didn't design the Xenomorphs (the Alien aliens) themselves, but he did do some design on 'Aliens' (the marine troopship was his design, IIRC). He's done design work for a lot of other famous movies, though,l including Blade Runner, Star Trek TMP, 2010 and Tron.

(H.R. Giger is the artist you're thinking of.)

He may have done work on the alien queen since it's new to aliens but I would have to look that up to know for sure.

Hey, I just played WC1 again (after staring at so many kilrathi ships I couldn't stand it and I wanted something else than nephilimships in my sights).
But I have a question: I went through the winning part of the game, I defended the drayman in mcauliffe and I met starkiller, yet I just can't trash him (he has mega afterburn power). The other flyboys say he's bound to come back in venice, but I didn't find him (since I got the 3 other aces, I'm intent on finishing my buisness with him).

Also, the ships database say you face a bloodfang in WC1 or SM1 or 2, is it true? (I don't think it is in WC1 though).

No,not a bloodfang, a Hriss .Its the newest Furball ship at the time

I dont remember about Bhurak,go to the Guide section and look for it,

maybe the comments at the bottom of the page will help you

Starkiller was my favourite ace to fight because it requires some skill to get him on the first try. My main tactic was to be quick and get into a dogfight with him and when he takes too much damage and tries to escape, afterburn and make sure to keep him in your sight and unload on him with guns and missles.

Eh, it's usually too late when Bhurak tries to escape. It's probably best to kill him without afterburners - in fact, reducing your speed to 0 when he's in front of you can help. Though I was able to kill him several times in a Scimitar, I did find it pretty hard.

Starlord : A far as I know, Bhurak never appears in Venice. He can appear in McAuliffe 3, Gateway 3, Hell's Kitchen 2, and Hell's Kitchen 4. I think that's about it.
...And by the way, some players tend to lose Enyo so they can fly a Hornet in the next system, because Bhurak is so much easier to fight in a Hornet rather than a Scimitar.

He may have done work on the alien queen since it's new to aliens but I would have to look that up to know for sure.

That was another Giger creation. Giger designed all the "xenomorphs" for the Aliens series - and later successfully sued 20th Century Fox when they left his name off the credits for Alien Resurrection. (They inserted his name on the VHS copies and subsequent releases).

Mead is known for his technical designs, much like Leslie Dilley (Ever notice how some of the hallways on the Nostromo look like they came from the Blockade Runner at the opening of Star Wars? Same production designer.)

Also, the ships database say you face a bloodfang in WC1 or SM1 or 2, is it true? (I don't think it is in WC1 though).

No, it only appears in the Wing Commander 2 Demo, which uses the WC1 combat engine to render some ships flying around (a differently-colored Bloodfang, a starpost and some Dralthi). It may have been one of the Kilrathi ships designed for but not used in the original game.

And we've pointed out exactly why you're wrong -- several times now. The Kilrathi are very well "elaborated".

Look at the Office of Tactical Intelligence Kilrathi Tactics article in the Confederation Handbook, or the oft-copied Psychoantropological Profile of the Kilrathi in Victory Streak! Look at the half a dozen novels that feature three dimensional Kilrathi characters and a bright portrait of how their civilization works. Or the animated series that deals with them... or the later games that have Kilrathi characters and political intrigue.

You're someone who *isn't* familiar with these things who's showing up and calling what everyone else here is an expert on childish. What's more, you don't even understand the allegorical and referential aspects of the Kilrathi that we've discussed right here in front of you. That's insulting and stupid.

It's hard talk about this with a hardcore fan without he feels offended.

I'm not saying that The Kilrathi race is not elaborated enough.

I'm saying that the base idea of the race, the fact that they are Space cats, is a slack point.

I understand that they not are decendents of Terrestrial felines....

Ok, maybe is useless discuss this with someone who think this is awesome.

It's my opinion, I'm not insulting to you. I'm only saying that there are better aliens that space cats.

If you say that this is not like that is just another opinion.
I do not have to be stupid for that. That's childish.

Hi,

just wandering: is there a way to choose a difficulty setting in WC1 and WC2? (like the later games) and possibly options like invincibility?

Jaques keeps getting beaten in those games and can't see the unravelling story.

thanks for answering.

In the Kilrathi saga you can simply toggle invincibility on for wing 1 and 2, in the kilrathi saga game launcher. Your games will be saved as cheater though.

Learn to speak English, find a new message board.

That's even more childish. :D

I have some problems with the language, But you have unrepairable problems with your tiny narrow mind, really.

If you believe the Kilrathi is one of the best alien races int sci-fi world, that's ok. Kid. :D

It's an insult to Giger!

Seriously, how old are you? (Don't tell me 36 please)

Someone ban this jackass, stat.

We have explained why you are wrong in an intelligent manner, and you've replied with the same gibberish over and over. Go troll HLP, they actually deserve it.

It's very easy to discuss your point of view. Just as long as you're not a jack ass to other people. Especially founding members of the CIC.

It's very easy to discuss your point of view. Just as long as you're not a jack ass to other people. Especially founding members of the CIC.

I only answered to the aggressions in the post #55.
In the rest of the posts I always wanted to discuss the topic in a good way.

Anyway, end of the story... bye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back