Wing 1 and 2 mentioned

NuAngel

Rear Admiral
Around the 48 minute mark of the latest episode (175) of "The Official Xbox Magazine Podcast (KOXM)" they began talking about the recent adventure games renaissance, and how much they would like to see Wing Commander 1 & 2 brought to Xbox Live Arcade. Co-Host Dan Amrich even mentions how excited he was about Wing Commander Arena, and how much of a let down was it.

http://oxmpodcast.podbean.com/2009/07/31/koxm-episode-175/

Just a fun 5 minute tangent in the middle of a podcast I listen to each week. Just thought I'd share!

NuAngel

Fascinating.

"I count Wing Commander... among the ranks of Doom and Doom 2... for PC classics."
(Too bad the other guy keeps trying to talk over him while he's saying this.)

These guys were in College back then. I was 6. :)

I have to say that WC1 plays fairly decently with the 360 controller. Most functions can be mapped very conveniently, and I'd imagine with a little work they could get communications, nav map, etc to work; ideally the game would pause for comms like Prophecy Advance, and so forth.

One can dream...

I was gonna play WC1 with my USB 360 controller, haven't gotten around to it, but it was on my agenda. Gonna grab a high res shot for people to fill in later, but I'm interested in seeing other people's controller schemes.

Also while I'm talking about where Wing Commander was mentioned, just over a week ago Game Pro put out an article about classic IP's needing a comeback - top of the list was Wing Commander. http://www.gamepro.com/article/features/211334/10-old-pc-game-franchises-we-want-rebooted/

Nu

Hopefully, people are listening.

It's great someone likes Wing Commander, but I'd feel pretty bad if people *really* listen to the hundreds of thousands of self-aggrandizing "podcasts" out there (especially the thousands upon thousands that are pairs of doofuses talking about "gamer" topics).

Wing commander 1 PC version runs fine on my jury-rigged xbox1, and ofcourse you can get joysticks for the 360 as well.

However I think there would be a lot of trouble porting WC2 and getting all it's glitches out.

Wing commander 1 PC version runs fine on my jury-rigged xbox1, and ofcourse you can get joysticks for the 360 as well.

However I think there would be a lot of trouble porting WC2 and getting all it's glitches out.

Hi, could you tell me how to run WC1 on xbox please?

Most like he has a modded Xbox. In college I had friends that had their xbox modded so they could play all kinds of games using emulators. I imagine he's doing the same thing.

Back