Windows Bugs

U

Unregistered

Wondering if anyone else has run into this:

1. I have not found a way to land on bases. (Mining, Spacestation, Pirate, Refinery, etc.)

2. Even after repairing my ship it acts like it's damaged.

That's all I've noticed. Not able to get too far because I keep making the mistake of accepting missions to Perry or a mining base and get frustrated after I can't dock. Anyone know a work around for this?

Actually

I do have a repair droid - the targeting, sheild, and Autopilot windows still do the fuzzy, bad TV reception thing.

Thanks for the tip on "d" to dock.

I also have a problem that makes it difficult to dogfight: Ships disappear unless I hit them ... so, I can't see where a ship is going until I manage to hit it with my guns. The targetting box is still there, but it'd be nice to be able to track the pirates and kill them more easily. I'll try re-installing the game.

Is it possible to start from the load page? I noticed that it's in the manual but I cannot get to the part where you actually get to name yourself. For now I'm just "Privateer" which doesn't make much sense to me ^.^

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

No more Disappearing ships!

I re-installed the game without the HUD update and ships no longer disappear.
I'll see if the generall repair gets rid of the fuzzies.

I must say a big thank you to the redevelopers of this game. I was really looking forward to Freelancer being a viable modern replacement for Privateer ... what a disappointment. Then I see this on Slashdot. In a word, w00t. Great job guys.

The hud update basically replaces only the old hud images with new ones, it shouldn't cause the problem you described.

But apparently repair-thingies won't repair systems that have been completely destroyed? Was quite nice when I finally beated pirates attacking me in Pentonville and noticed that they blasted my jump drive and it was the only damn system that was hit... Was trapped in there because pirate base didn't have ship department.

Back