Will program for free (Bored and Unemployed)

Originally posted by Wedge009
Every time I connect the dots, I am guided back to our long-time allies in the WC CIC CZ. I think they've gone insane.

Darn Wedge, you stole my line! ;)

Hmm...
And you think they might undertake some kind of nonsense vdu war? They relationship with the vdu was always un-easy...:D

Check your e-mail again...again Q
And just to not loose the habit, how about that tutorial?
And thx for the armada iffs

[Edited by KillerWave on 07-07-2001 at 15:11]

Btw, i finished the destroyed components for the Fralthi and Ralari (textures from Wildcat). Im sending it to you along with the updated ship files. Also made a little chnage to the Ralari base mesh to place the engines better.

Nice the test mission that you sent me ;)
I had to make some changes to make it work, sinve i dont have all ue files, but its fun to play, and with the change that had been made to my current guns, the dauntless turrets are firing shadow crab beams! Cant even get in firing range ;) hehe

Readiness, KillerWave. 'The Price of VDUs is Eternal Editing'.

Hmm, I thought I edited that mission so it would work without UE... ah, well. BTW, the Ralari is pretty much finished now, and also very dangerous.

Checking e-mail... and yeah, I'll get around to that tutorial ;).

The scary thing is... I've been following this thread and understood every word...

TC

Well, they definitely are nice (though judging from their size, more appropriate for heavenly bodies than backgrounds). I don't know, though... personally, I think it's better not to use stuff from other games. I mean, it would be one thing to take those and make a Tachyon mod for WCP, but entirely another to take those and use them in a WC mod for WCP.

BTW, nice tutorial :).

Thx Q. :D Still waiting for your tutorial :rolleyes:

Well, about the size, it could always be enlarged, if you notice, WCP nebulas are just 256x256 pixels bitmaps. And they are nebulas in Tachyon.
Tough using material from other games might not be a good idea, i've been thinking that the creators of Tachyon, Novalogic (is that right?) may not be to happy about it...
Those textures do look good in tachyon, and as i sayd, im not sure how they would look in SO. And if thats used it might be a good idea to ask Novalogic permission.
But thats a decision you, Pedro, Thomas and the others should make, its not my position to make a decision like this.

Btw, sent an e-mail about the dauntless turrets.
And using that test mission you made, i noticed the bomber AI managed to take them out without problems, so i think its a case not to worry to much about the tree. But again, i'm happy the dauntless is on my side...none the panthers survived the attack.
An idea for a mission, if you would have to destroy one of those capships in UE:
First send just the fighters, then when turrets are about 70% or wathever destroyed, send in the bombers. Or make the bombers hold back at a safe distance, until its safer to go in...that would add some more strategy.

[Edited by KillerWave on 07-10-2001 at 04:24]

I'll get around to it... I really will ;).

Tough using material from other games might not be a good idea, i've been thinking that the creators of Tachyon, Novalogic (is that right?) may not be to happy about it...
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. I mean, there's a high probability that they'll never even notice, but we will always know. If it was a Tachyon mod for WCP, then I could understand using Tachyon nebulas... but as it is, it'd be kinda wrong. You know, kinda like introducing the X-Wing model from XWA and calling it a new Border Worlds fighter.

Yeah, the turrets on the Dauntless are all destroyable. It's only two or three turrets on the Fralthi that are virtually unshootable (and two of them are missile turrets :eek: ). I've been very busy this week (and it's only tuesday...), but hopefully I'll get around to it tonight, and then send you both Fralthi and Ralari.

Well, we don't do much capship striking in UE (I think there are two or three missions that fall into this category), but making the bombers hold back is a neat idea.

[Edited by Quarto on 07-10-2001 at 04:47]

Well, I have something that might interest you, and I couldn't find your e-mail address, so... :)

Back