Why doesn't Mark wanna do any more WC stuff?

in WC4 didn't Blair (Mark Hamil) decide to fly rather than take a desk job?
yet in WCP he seems to be behind the scenes a little to often and almost isn't allowed to fly
dumb question but partily related to this topic
if Mark wasn't going to do anymore games how come he agreed to Wc4 and its Stay flying ending
i forget the exact quote from Blair to Paladin

now OT bout Mark
is it just me or is his left eye a little lazy or just low? (prolly from the reconstructive surgery but still just wondering)
dumb question i know but it was really getting to me after playing 3 games with him in them

Your thinking of if you eject in the first few missions. You go to Tolwyns office and He lectures you about how you lost whatever you had and says he wouldnt insult you with a desk job, that he would let you retire. I stumbled upon that cutscene quite recently because i wanted to see what happens if you eject in the Lex missions.

------------------
"I'm putting you back in the cockpit Colonel, where you will be reunited with an old friend, the thrill of battle!"
-Tolwyn to Blair WC IV

IIRC, Blair ended up retiring (after the flight trainer thing), coming out of retirement and helping to design the Midway.

------------------
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

I forgot to mention that in Prophecy he transfered over from the space forces to the Navy. Thats why he wasnt alowed to fly unless he made a big deal to CAG Drake about it. Speaking of Drake, it seemed like she had some sort of hidden love for Blair. Anyone else think that?

------------------
"I'm putting you back in the cockpit Colonel, where you will be reunited with an old friend, the thrill of battle!"
-Tolwyn to Blair WC IV

I also think that...
Too bad we didn't get to see the story get developed like the old WCs.

------------------
"This matter winds itself ever in new riddles.", Faramir - The Lord of The Rings

Maybe it was a hero worship thing...

'You saved our civilization so I won't let you go out and get yourself killed'

TC

------------------
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

MadDog: Blair changing over to Fleet? I don't think so. He is still wearing a Space Forces uniform.

------------------
No one will hear your cry of death in the void of space

[This message has been edited by Nighthawk (edited January 08, 2000).]

You got a point. He still is wearing the Space Forces Uniform.
But... even so. It's not like Mark Hamill did a poor job of it. Well... I can't see 'em going for a desk job (it's not like Blair at all).

------------------
"To take one step forward, you must look back three steps... and walk forward while looking back... "

Hamill returned to WCP because he wanted to usher in a new age - his character dies & Casey is introduced.
As for the Blair + CAG thing - I remember asking that a while ago & LOAF said she was already married.

So they'd have an affair.
wink.gif

To think of it Why were'nt there any sciens with Blair and Rachel together in WCP? Were they still mad at each other over the failed marrage?

------------------
They've got use surrounded. Poor bastards.
Gunner mostly goes to sleep at eleven...mostly.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
hehe...

How interesting at how the Producers and Editors played with the storyline.
Nah... I still find it slightly confusing sometimes... but no worries.

Nighthawk, do you think Commodore is a space forces rank or something? He's fleet, not space forces.

------------------
Zohrath.

http://www.starlancer.net - Lancers HQ, the best source for Starlancer and Freelancer news.

What was it that people hated about Casey was he that bad an actor or just that he was new and they had not gotten used to him? The only thing I didnt like was that he always appeared to be grinning at inappropriate moments. Like when he was being told off ie when Blair walks in on the four thousand year old speech at the beginning.

he is noted over 5 times in the crdits, he plays ripburger and that trucker and many more smaller parts, talk about tallent!

------------------
"Just close your eyes and pretend it's Wing Commander"

He is NOT wearing a spaces forces uniform in Prophecy. The space forces uniform is dark blue and has only one medal while the Fleet uniforms are light blue and display all the medals. I already knew CAG Drake was married, I only implied that she had feeling for Blair.

------------------
-Tolwyn to Blair WC IV

He also plays the joker in the batman cartoons.

------------------
The time is near.
There are 357 days remaining.

Hobgoblin.

There's also numerous programs on The Learning Channel.

MadDog243, he is wearing a Space Forces uniform in Prophecy. For his first few scenes, he's in a Navy uniform, but then changes into a Space Forces uniform after the Marines pick him up from the Bugs.

------------------
Doing the bull dance. Feeling the flow.

Thats what I;m refering too, the beginning of Prophecy. He transfered to the navy in the time inbetween WC IV and WCP.

------------------
-Tolwyn to Blair WC IV

Back