Who to vote for? (for US President)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dyret said:
Unlike Rance, I dont find Chris Reid attractive either.

Word.

So everyone else thinks the the Olsen twins are (individually) hot? I mean if I were single I'd go for them on the basis on street cred, but aside from being famous and sought after they are pretty average and really young looking. Plus, in my head they are still 8. It just seems so wrong to put them and hot in the same sentence.

I don't think the Olsen twins are hot. If I could have an actress as a girlfriend or even just go out with one, there are a lot of others who I would choose.

I think that so many guys think they're hot is because they figure if they can get one...then they get them both...they don't realize they're not siamese twins...you don't automatically get a three some when you date one.

I found the Olsen twins pretty good looking until one of my buddy's was watching a show and I had to listen to them talk for more than a 10 second sound bite. Now they are just two dumb rich ass blondes (and that's why I would love them forever if they would just let me.....) mmmmmmm lots of money.......aaaaaaggggrrrrhhhhhhhh

I volunteered for active duty during Vietnam, and let me tell you that during the Vietnam War about the only way ANYONE got into the Guard or Reserves was someone with political connections.
In fact, after the scandal broke out, Dan Fogerty wrote, "It ain't me! I'm not a Senator's Son!" in his song, Fortunate Son.
And it was that scandal that helped to push the all-volunteer service (to keep rich kids out of the draft.)
And that kept rich kids from using the Most Honorable Guard and Reserves as a cowards way out of combat.
I knew a rich kid who volunteered for active duty, when he was blamed for some minor infraction, his father had the base commander force the squadron commander to drop all charges and clear his record.

As far as I'm concerened...
Bush's being in the Texas ANG during Vietnam makes him a Coward, in my book.
(He only joined to avoid the draft, and combat.)
His mishandling of the Economy, the United Nations, and Iraq, makes him an incompetant fool.
His sidestepping the issues, and slander against Kerry and others, makes him a liar and an egomaniac.
Put them all together, and they spell a complete lack of the Integrity he said he'd bring back to the White House.
He'll never get another vote outa me. :mad:
Well...
Unless it's for garbageman. :D

TheRedDuke said:
I love how a debate over US presidential candidates turned into a discussion about the Olsen twins. What a great country.

The CIC isn't America. We don't guarantee freedom of speech or the right to govern interstate commerce.

Lol, Bob Sagat had funny lines in Half Baked. His comedy is so different than his show, probably ruined his career. Much like Tim Allen, his comedy was more adult orientated but when they saw him after his show, he went back to his adult comedy and people did not understand.

warzog said:
His mishandling of the Economy, the United Nations, and Iraq, makes him an incompetant fool.
His sidestepping the issues, and slander against Kerry and others, makes him a liar and an egomaniac.
Put them all together, and they spell a complete lack of the Integrity he said he'd bring back to the White House.
He'll never get another vote outa me. :mad:
Well...
Unless it's for garbageman. :D

I disagree. If you want to debate, feel free to e-mail me at ckukla79@hotmail.com.

warzog said:

So what does that make Clinton? Just curious to see if you're consistent or partisan.

Bandit LOAF said:
The CIC isn't America. We don't guarantee freedom of speech or the right to govern interstate commerce.

How ironic, I'm writing a paper right now on the origins of the Interstate Commerce Act in my history class.

Anyone after Clinton would have brought some shred of integrity back to the white house, Bush more so than Gore in my humble thoughts. At this point in time, I feel he's clearly the better candidate out there. One thing I dislike about the democratic this election year is that Edwards seems a bit like a draft dodging hippy hanging onto Kerry coat tails...he's just along for the ride. That may be a wrong snap judgement but from what I've seen he just goes around making "positive" statements and doesn't really address anything deeper than 2 + 2...

How can people honestly talk about integrity and accuse Clinton of losing it for the presidency? Clinton has casual nockey in the Oval Office and the Republicans want to impeach him over it. Bush Jr. illegelly declares war and invades a sovereign country based on manipulated intelligence, and they back him all the way.

I don't think I can stress this enough. Clinton gets some office sex and almost loses his job. Bush Jr. levels a country and gets a pat on the back.

Teen angst aside, you've got your implications wrong. While the war with Iraq may be *immoral*, it was not *illegal*... the executive branch is perfectly within its rights to initiate such a conflict.

What Clinton did was not an issue of morality - he commited an *illegal* act: lying under oath. That's why it became an issue -- adultery is in and of itself not a legal issue;.

The war in Iraq went against the United Nations charter. The United States signed that charter, and although it cannot be enforced, by breaking a rule in that charter, countries can effectively break the law. It's not the law of the states, it's the law of the global community. As yes, according to the law of the nation, Clinton did commit and offense. But I know I would sleep better at night knowing my president was "working late" as opposed to.....well name any transgression the Bush administration has been involved with since their false election.

Suspending the investigation on Enron
Repartriating Saudi nationals after Sept. 11
The patronizing and fear-inducing Patriot Act
The mired-down bloodbath we call Gulf War 2
The alienation of Muslims world-wide

So, yeah, as you can tell, I'm not a Bush supporter. Hell, I'm not American either, but whatever goes on in the states eventually affects us all on a global scale. If I could, my vote would go to Kerry, the lesser of two evils.

Oh, and I'm 24, so you can lay off the thought that anyone who is dissatisfied with the current state of affairs must be some easily-impressionable youth, as opposed to a informed pragmatic. :rolleyes:

Ripper said:
So what does that make Clinton? Just curious to see if you're consistent or partisan.

Clinton's actions during Vietnam were defended by the Left while he was in office. Now that he is out of office we are told it doesn't matter because he is no longer the issue- George Bush is President. These are the same people who crucify Bush and call him a coward for serving in the guard. I guess he should have run off to hide in Europe.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back