Who is Amazon?

yeah, but these are wc2 random character images (except for stingray), I was talking about the real amazon ;)

Well, perhaps the Prophecy actress was blonde :) - I guess we're still none the wiser as to who potrays her in the Prophecy cutscenes. But since S*S is recent Wing Commander canon, the article gives you a little background about her exploits after WCP.

Well, perhaps the Prophecy actress was blonde :) - I guess we're still none the wiser as to who potrays her in the Prophecy cutscenes. But since S*S is recent Wing Commander canon, the article gives you a little background about her exploits after WCP.

She may not even BE portrayed in the cutscenes! I think we're assuming a lot.

were both promoted? if yes, then both of them skipped the rank of captain

It seemed to me that after Wing Commander II, when you started interacting with the captain of a ship, that the Space Forces rank of captain was never used. I assumed this was to prevent confusion with naval captains, who are higher-ranking.

That could be one possible reason, although Victory Streak does describe the seniority difference between a Naval and Space Force captain.

I guess it means that Amazon can look however you want her to?

Hmm... I think I know how she looks. In MY mind, anyway. ;)

It seemed to me that after Wing Commander II, when you started interacting with the captain of a ship, that the Space Forces rank of captain was never used. I assumed this was to prevent confusion with naval captains, who are higher-ranking.

That could be one possible reason, although Victory Streak does describe the seniority difference between a Naval and Space Force captain.

It doesn't have anything to do with seniority. As noted in End Run's first part ("Milk Run"), the commanding officer of a ship is, while aboard his or her ship, the absolute master, and if need be can order around admirals aboard, even if he's only, say, a 2LT. (Though the 2LT had better have a damn good reason for those orders, as once he's off the ship said admiral could ruin the LT's day if it's later determined that he was exceeding his authority.)

The reason only one person aboard a ship is ever referred to as "Captain" is to avoid any confusion. If a watchstander on the scope calls out "Captain, inbound enemies", there must be no confusion as to which Captain is being referred to.

At least in the real world, those holding the rank of "Captain" (either army or navy) are given brevet promotions (that is, pretty much symbolic, with no actual increase of authority or pay) while they're aboard.

Back